just wondering how many of use are READING books on our NC?

Trankster

Jan 28, 2011
I use it all the time as a reader, and to check my email. I also bought an original Nook for my 87 year old mother, so she could read large font books. Having now compared the two, the NC is so much easier and intuitive to use.

The other apps and games are fun, but the reader is why I own it. If I needed a serious tablet, I will purchase one of the new high end tablets or even (don't flame me :p ) an iPad2. My .02.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
I use mine for everything. I really like Aldiko for reading all my public domain murder mysteries and others as well. I check email and weather and surf the web. I gave up trying to download library books from my local library, it just doesn't work. I find that I use my NC more than my Macbook Pro. Can't wait for B&N to release 2.2.

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
i really use mine to tinker with for the most part. I rooted and overclocked the stock 2.1 rom. I kept stock for the kids books "read to me" feature.

with that said, once Honeycomb is out and stable, i will be going full-bore honeycomb. I will consider either doing a dual boot (to keep the reading features) OR using one of my SD cards to keep the stock rom at the ready.

Warpspeed

Jan 19, 2011
I use it primarily for reading, bought it just for that. Once I rooted it I was amazed at what I could do with it. I surf the web some, but check email more and a few games. My 14 year old nephew rooted his, with some grumbling from my sister being afraid he would tear it up but no problems. My sister-in-law has one on my recommendation after getting the pandigital for Christmas which she couldn't stand. She loves it, but is on her third to do different issues. Weird, since mine's been flawless. She's quizzed me on what rooting does for the NC, so I'll probably be doing her's when she visits next month. I installed the Kindle app just to thumb my nose at Amazon. Read the Hunger Game series, the Eragon books and have 500 Star Trek books converted to epub with Calibre loaded. I thought I wouldn't care for reading in digital over physical books, but I love it.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I surprised myself by switching to digital books on my ipod Touch a few years ago. I've always loved books. I liked the smell of an old book and I liked how they looked on a bookshelf. On the other hand, I'm also a huge technology geek. :)

Sent from my rooted Nook using Android Tablet Forum App