Jusy Grabbed a 7015a from Kmart...

Sheri

Apr 10, 2011
Knowing that I don't have a need for serious power or a camera, I decided to go with this device and it is great! I just want to check mail and browse forums And this is great! I was on the web in seconds. I really don't see a need to root it. I just want to play Angry Birds!

Last edited:

WhiteWhiskers

Mar 11, 2011
I really don't see a need to root it. I just want to play Angry Birds!
Yeh, I love Angry Birds also including the new Angry Birds Rio. Looking forward to the May update of the game, already finished the monkey level :)

Now if you want to play Angry Birds you will want to install the graphics fix:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-mid7015-graphics-fix-angry-birds-others.html

Not sure if you need to root the device to manually install the mali.ko file. If you want to use the ClockworkMod recovery method, that requires you do the whole root thing.

Sheri

Apr 10, 2011
graphics fix.... that would probably explain the white squares i'm seeing! I consider myself a equipped enough to do it, but I'm really on the fence about rooting it. I'm a youtube junkie and i have heard that some no longer have access to it. (i haven't completely read all threads on that subject) And now that we have Amazon's Android store, I especially see no need to root it....
To root or not to root... that is the question....

boddah4

Mar 15, 2011
graphics fix.... that would probably explain the white squares i'm seeing! I consider myself a equipped enough to do it, but I'm really on the fence about rooting it. I'm a youtube junkie and i have heard that some no longer have access to it. (i haven't completely read all threads on that subject) And now that we have Amazon's Android store, I especially see no need to root it....

I was like you didn't see the need...until Angry Birds started acting up and had the white blocks. I decided to root it and after some trial and error finally got it to work. I am very happy I did it!

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
i watch youtube everyday, i'm rooted with market. i prefer going there in the browser, not the app. i did try them & they both work.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Even though I have Amazon account I still prefer to use Google Android Market instead over Amazon App Market. Amazon one feels like they want me to buy the apps instead of pulling down the free ones. Their free versions are more like they need info before you can use some of them. Same app on Market doesn't prompt you for this private info.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011

Like many others, I was very hesitant about rooting but I can tell you that the instructions on this forum are solid and, if you follow them to the letter, you should not have any problems at all.

I am personally thrilled that I rooted mine and installed the Honeycomb ROM. The difference in performance is almost like a totally different tablet from the one I bought. The decision is ultimately yours and I undestand being hesitant but there is a lot of great information here to make an educated decision. Good luck.

Sent from my HONEYCOMB V9.5.5 B9 for Kyros 7015,

Sketch J. OBrien
Jacksonville, FL

Sheri

Apr 10, 2011
So if I root it, does that give me honeycomb? Or is that a separate installation?

mrblase

Mar 5, 2011
Sheri,

I am like you in that I think that the stock Coby does everything I need and expect so I was hesitant to make any changes. That was before getting hooked on Angry Birds. Couldn't stand the white boxes and other missing text so I rooted, installed clockworkmod, a file manager and a terminal program all following the great directions on this site. Once those were taken care of I installed the graphics fix, after using cockworkmod to make a backup in case of a problem. Angry Birds and everything else runs perfectly now and I have no reason to install any other fixes or ROMs. If you have some time and feel comfortably in making a few changes you will enjoy your Coby even more after fixing the graphic issue.

Sheri

Apr 10, 2011
Hmm? Ok, you guys have made me a believer. As soon as my SD card gets here, i guess I will join the ranks with the other rooters :)