Keeping Wi-fi alive!

D

dartiss

When the Ziio goes to standby it drops wi-fi. Now, on my Android handset I simply had to change the option within the Advanced wi-fi settings to keep the wi-fi alive. Sadly, that's not worked on the Ziio.

Does anybody know of a way to achieve this or is it a simple fact that the Ziio will drop wi-fi when in standby (which makes downloading podcasts automatically a bit difficult!).

David.

Kenif

Jan 20, 2011
Settings
Wireless & networks
Wifi settings
Press the settings button and then advanced

D

dartiss

Settings
Wireless & networks
Wifi settings
Press the settings button and then advanced

Yep. That's the one I've set. But I turn the Ziio back on from standby and there's no wifi - I have to wait for it to reconnect.

David.

hashish

Jan 31, 2011
i have a ziio 7 inch. It gives me the same problem. I have tried multiple apps like wifi lock etc but none seem to work. What i do now is, under the "sounds and display" settings I put screen timeout to infinite and then run the clock app and dim the screen. That way I can keep my wifi connected and listen to Pandora.

Ashish

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Maybe try this app (modified from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-tablets/6763-wifi-auto-negotiate.html#post40503 )

You can setup something with Setting Profiles Full - Android app on AppBrain
or http://www.appbrain.com/app/setting-...z.liteprofiles

Market search for 'Setting Profiles Lite', and install it

Setup a profile by hitting the menu button and choosing add profile. Name it whatever you want. Put a star beside wifi, and check it.

Next, go to the rules tab and hit menu and create a rule for screen off (choose screen on, and check inverse). Add an action to 'Activate profile', and choose the profile you just made.

richardop

Feb 17, 2011
Hey guys, I've made a free app that should provide a fix (more of a workaround!) for this problem, it stops the device from sleeping if you have wifi on, and turn the screen off.

I would be interested to know if it works on the Ziio.

Market link - Advanced Wifi Lock

$qrcode.png

Last edited:
D

dartiss

Hey guys, I've made a free app that should provide a fix (more of a workaround!) for this problem, it stops the device from sleeping if you have wifi on, and turn the screen off.

I would be interested to know if it works on the Ziio.

The ZiiO doesn't have Market access. Are you able to provide or point us to an APK file that we can download?

David.

D

dartiss

It works! Feel free to add the ZiiO to your list of successful Android devices!

I'm about to publish a review of the ZiiO and will publish a link to your app as part of it.

Again - congratulations!