Kernal Update, no OS 2.2?

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
As many of us have noticed and noted, an update has been available since late Tuesday (3/1/2011) for the SYNET7LP. It seems like everybody is noticing the same thing - that there appears to be an update, after downloading the update the tablet does not re-flash itself like the previous update in December did, and the firmware is still shown as DG2.02. The kernal version is still "2.6.32.9 warits@msuG #43". No matter how many times the update runs it will still say there's an update available?!

There has also been some confusion between the SYNET7LP and SYTABEX7 and what updates/firmware/kernal is available for it. I have the 7LP and above describes the current updating status.

Lastly, another user on here got a response today from Digital Gadgets sayign that the OS 2.2 will not be fully adopted for this device, but future update will incorporate portions of this. I wonder if that include Flash comapability...

Anyone else have a different experience or have additional info?

Last edited:

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Isn't that the same version before and after update? Also when/how did you get the DG2.02 firmware? Mine will not update from DG2.01?

OK, wait, I was wrong. The kernal number didn't change before and after the update either. I edited my post above. What the heck is this update doing then, NOTHING?

stackdump

Mar 3, 2011
My thoughts exactly I have the same model as you do, yet I'm stuck with firmware 2.01 for some reason

Atown

Dec 8, 2010
forgive my naivety but isnt there a way to just up and flash this with a generic 2.2 rom? I dont know a whole lot about the process of it but instead of waiting on Sylvania isnt there a way for us to do it ourselves?

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
forgive my naivety but isnt there a way to just up and flash this with a generic 2.2 rom? I dont know a whole lot about the process of it but instead of waiting on Sylvania isnt there a way for us to do it ourselves?
Requires access to bootloader and recovery mode, to which we don't have right now.

giveen

Jan 11, 2011
My device now says "System is the Latest" after that small kernal update and the hundred system update and reboots.

ImagineThat

Dec 2, 2010
Requires access to bootloader and recovery mode, to which we don't have right now.

Aside from getting their source code, which I know you requested a while back but have nothing yet, how else can we get access to the bootloader? We have access to each partition and can save each as an img file...

christian4571

May 18, 2011
So you just kept updating it and it finally got to DG2.2? I updated mine at least 25 times and it never changed from 2.1. How did you do the "small kernal update"? Is that what I'm missing? Thanks a lot!

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
This is a standard problem. The update feature doesn't work.
I can't say this enough right now.
The only way I have heard of anyone getting an update is through the OTG method or the wrap an SD card method.
BOTH are described in great detail in another thread here.

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
I have written to DG and they wrote back saying that due to some error in the tablet the OTA update cant be done for DG 2.2

Quoting DG Rep email-
"In regards to the 2.2 update, the DG 2.2 update it is not available for
"over-the-air" update yet. There are still a few kinks that the android
team would like to work out. Please be patient for the auto-update. The
system knows that 2.2 exists however it is not ready to be released yet."

So it has be be flashed by SD card or USB. I was sent a SD card flash by a good friend here at this forum. All I can suggest is ask around see if someone would do the same for you.