[Kernel][Eclair][Froyo][CM7][Honeycomb] Dalingrin's OC kernels

bike2002

May 5, 2011
This thread needs renewal with latest OC kernel's at 1.300mhz.
Also soon we will have the new kernel which solves the problem of Sleep Of Death.
It would one of the most important changes!!

I was minutes ago trying to access darlington's files and got an 'account suspended' message.
Any one of you know where else can I get the latest OC kernels?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I was minutes ago trying to access darlington's files and got an 'account suspended' message.
Any one of you know where else can I get the latest OC kernels?
Sure.
Did U try Kernel Manager from Market?
It has both stable and test kernel at 1,3g (which runs fine at my NOOK).
U download and flash directly from this program.No need for restart and CWM procedure! :) :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Kernel Manager put my NC into a boot loop...not good!

The name "kernel manager" just sounds dangerous. I imagine changing kernels while in an active os could cause problems. ;) Hopefully there at least a reboot before actual apply in the process.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Its no worse than ROM Manager...it just allows you to download the kernel, then it boots into CWR clears caches and installs kernel...but its all automated...I think it more to do with the kernels for CM7...I was doing some reading and it seems you have to replace the uboot file or some crap like that...I am in no mood to deal with that kinda crap, so I just re-flashed the stock CM7 image and motored on, but for those with less experience, I could see serious 'panic' issues popping up.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
In my case, no problem with test 1,3G kernel which I installed directly through Kernel Manager.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I think I've lost touch with where CM7 is at the moment. I've seen posts that makes it sound like the latest nightlies cannot use certain OC kernels... I just wiped my Nook (just wanted a clean slate) and updated from the last stable to nightly 87. So... which OC kernel can I use? Thanks!!!

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I think I've lost touch with where CM7 is at the moment. I've seen posts that makes it sound like the latest nightlies cannot use certain OC kernels... I just wiped my Nook (just wanted a clean slate) and updated from the last stable to nightly 87. So... which OC kernel can I use? Thanks!!!
From category of .32 only.
2.6.29 releases are discontinued and no longer supported. They will remain hosted for those that might need them.
2.6.32 CM7 builds currently do not work with the nightlies or stable builds. You must use a test build from the developers thread.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
From category of .32 only.
2.6.29 releases are discontinued and no longer supported. They will remain hosted for those that might need them.
2.6.32 CM7 builds currently do not work with the nightlies or stable builds. You must use a test build from the developers thread.

Hmm, I downloaded one dated 5/23 and it seems to be working with 87...