[KERNEL] step by set on how to overclock thanks to googoane

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
No. you need the usb drivers fry from huawei. It creates a new ADB device, which allows you to dfo adb commands.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

nrage23

Nov 8, 2010
I got it to work just fine Set CPU is reporting 998mhz
Ran Caffinemark before and after to confirm changes
@768---- @998mhz
Total 985---- 1273
Sieve 837---- 1101
Loop 960---- 1253
Logic 884---- 1155
String 1560---- 1929
Float 936---- 1210
Method 882---- 1146

Just got a score of 1385 with a clock of 1113mhz. My EVO gets almost 5,000 on Caffinemark with a 1ghz Snapdragon.
Here is a youtube video of my S7 on the SetCPU screen running @ 1113mhz

Also now have it running @ 1190mhz with no issues so far

Last edited by a moderator:

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Can someone who is running this overclock kernel check something for me? I cannot switch to the rear camera now in either the camera app or the camcorder app. Please check and see if this affects you if you have the overclock kernel and report back here. Thanks.

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
Interesting- I'll bet because the kernel used for over-clocking is from the S7 that doesn't have a rear-facing camera. That would explain it as the kernel probably doesn't support (isn't aware of) the extra camera.

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Yes, I suspected the kernel, but wanted to have others check theirs. I don't need the rear facing camera often, but I want to be able to access it when I need it. So it looks like I'll be flashing back to the stock kernel.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
This is kind of dumb, but does the front camera work then? What happens in an app like Fring, that previously used the wrong (rear) camera, does it then use the front camera? Maybe this would be the first way to make video calls on the S7 ha. Also, if the front camera works, is the image still left-right mirror image?

JustDroid

Oct 27, 2010
Front facing camera appears to work fine. It is mirrored and there is an option to disable Mirror in the settings

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Can someone who is running this overclock kernel check something for me? I cannot switch to the rear camera now in either the camera app or the camcorder app. Please check and see if this affects you if you have the overclock kernel and report back here. Thanks.

I also cannot use my rear facing camera now it defaults to the front facing camera and there is no option to change to the rear if i want too.... This happened to me as of yesterday too since i installed the OC kernel.

I tried Fring and now fring works with the Front Facing camera..... I dont know how much i would use the rear facing camera since it's only 2mp, so i probably would rather use the front facing, but i still want to get them both to work.

Johnboyjr

Dec 28, 2010
i don't think the camera will be fixed any time soon
also you will lose the option for calibration under settings( not a big deal i don't see why you would have to do it more then one time)

Jao36

Dec 30, 2010
I was wondering what speed everyone is overclocked to. I've been running mine at 998 MHz with no problems. Anyone running stable at faster speeds?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App