keyboard app recommendations?

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Gloria, I just installed it from Market so I don't have any tricks on how to install it if you're having problems. Sorry.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Did you have to do something special to get it to work? I've gotten it installed and I can type out words but the Swype function doesn't work.
Nothing special.Just installed it and activated it.I dont remember which version I used, cause I uninstalled it later.Maybe I kept it at my files at pc, will have to check it tonight.

Gloria, I just installed it from Market so I don't have any tricks on how to install it if you're having problems. Sorry.
Slide it is working for U?
I tried many versions and none was working correct.
U have all functions working and keyboard is visible both in potrait and landscape view?

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Well, I'm only using the demo version right now but yeah everything I've tried so far works fine. Are you running phiremod too?

I'll trade you SlideIT for Swype ;-)

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I checked the keyboard matter and I think I mixed the titles :p :p
SlideIT is working fine for me.
Swype has the problem, no matter how many versions I tried.

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Ya ok, me too. I've tried all that I can find and none work. Thinking about trying to change the build.prop next.

vireya

Aug 3, 2010
I am confused Are we talking phones? or are we talking tablets? cuz if were talking tablets, I got a problem with the keys being too small for my clumsy fingas I have a droid tablet, but always make mistakes when hitting the different letter keys Is there a keyboard accessory which has larger letters?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Taurus anyway, it looks like only who is on a different rom can install slideit.aI see from the thread that nobody with1.0.1or 1.1.0 rooted were able to install a different keyboard.It must be a way!
Gloria

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I am confused Are we talking phones? or are we talking tablets? cuz if were talking tablets, I got a problem with the keys being too small for my clumsy fingas I have a droid tablet, but always make mistakes when hitting the different letter keys Is there a keyboard accessory which has larger letters?
Since we are at a tablet forum, we talk about tablets.
I guess that all kind of keyboards will look small on a tablet's screen for u then.
Have u considered buying a BT keyboard maybe?

Ifireclay

Jan 19, 2011
I'm no expert, but installing keyboards on the Nook Color didn't seem as easy as it is on a standard Android-based phone.

For example, when I was using Autonooter 1.1.0, I had to download the Thumbkeyboard .apk and a separate installer and sideload both. I recently upgraded to Nookie Froyo (eMMC) and to me, the settings more closely approximated those on my Droid Incredible. I downloaded SwiftKey from the Market and installed it the way you'd add any keyboard - from home, use soft keys menu button to access Settings, Keyboard, then go from there.

As an answer to the original post, I'm really liking the SwiftKey Tablet beta. NOTE: This is not the Swiftkey from the Market - you need to sign up for their VIP beta (swiftkey.net/VIP), then wait a day or so to get access, then you can download the beta from their forums (I tried to download the .apk using Tapatalk Pro, but it failed - had to download it to my laptop, then transfer over and open with Astro).

Last edited:

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I'm no expert, but installing keyboards on the Nook Color didn't seem as easy as it is on a standard Android-based phone.

For example, when I was using Autonooter 1.1.0, I had to download the Thumbkeyboard .apk and a separate installer and sideload both. I recently upgraded to Nookie Froyo (eMMC) and to me, the settings more closely approximated those on my Droid Incredible. I downloaded SwiftKey from the Market and installed it the way you'd add any keyboard - from home, use soft keys menu button to access Settings, Keyboard, then go from there.
Probably its a matter of the rom then?
Cause with Phiremod I installed all keyboards (Thumb, Slideit,Swype) without any problem just like any other app.
Some of these versions are modified though and not from the market. ;)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Tried this, but didn't work for me. I'm getting to wonder if the the "Nook Color V1.1.0" Pre-Rooted ROM, which I think already swapped out the stock keyboard for multitouch, in some way affected the ability to even open Settings > Keyboard. Although its installed and I can access the info/settings from launcher, cannot use the keyboard itself. Followed all the steps and even did an extra reboot, all I can get is Settings > Keyboard ... bam ... back to Home screen. So can't choose to use it.

Anyone out there who bumped up from 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 via the "Nook Color V1.1.0" Pre-Rooted ROM able to get it to work?? :confused:

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

If you go to my thread- SLIDEIT keyboard, Trankster is explaining how he did it.
Gloria

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Taurus,your link is taking me to Androidcentral where I d have to register to see how to install swype? ??

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited: