Keyboard is not popping up on rooted Color Nook...

EZRyder

Dec 30, 2010
I have a rooted CN running 1.0.1 and suddenly the keyboard stopped popping up in text fields. It was working all day. I did try installing SmartKeyboard Pro, and then uninstalled it, and that seems to be when it went south. Is there a way to use a different keyboard? Though right now, I'd be happy with getting the stock one back. HELP! Please. :)

EZRyder

Dec 30, 2010
I have a rooted CN running 1.0.1 and suddenly the keyboard stopped popping up in text fields. It was working all day. I did try installing SmartKeyboard Pro, and then uninstalled it, and that seems to be when it went south. Is there a way to use a different keyboard? Though right now, I'd be happy with getting the stock one back. HELP! Please. :)

Never mind. I downloaded the ADB and installed SlideIT, and that fixed everything.

EZRyder

Dec 30, 2010
Please explain. I am having the same problem.

I installed ADB on my laptop, connected the Color Nook, copied the Smart Keyboard Pro .apk file from my phone onto the sdcard, copied that to my laptop, and used the adb push command to move the file to the Nook. I could have also stuck the sdcard in the Nook and just installed it from there.

EZRyder

Dec 30, 2010
I installed ADB on my laptop, connected the Color Nook, copied the Smart Keyboard Pro .apk file from my phone onto the sdcard, copied that to my laptop, and used the adb push command to move the file to the Nook. I could have also stuck the sdcard in the Nook and just installed it from there.

See here for more on ADB: NookColor USB ADB - nookDevs