Keyboard replacement

Tuna B.

May 4, 2011
Download the keyboard called flexT9 from the Amazon app store. It's the free paid app of the day. The swipe to type doesn't work because of the resistive screen but the talk to type works perfectly as well as the keyboard. Believe it or not I typed this whole reply using the talk to text feature didn't touch the keyboard once. I only had to edit two words. It's regularly 4.99 but you can get it today in the Amazon app store for free do it you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

Warpspeed

Jan 19, 2011
This keyboard works great on my Droid1 but won't open on the NC. Go to keyboard to choose input option and it just goes back to the main screen.

beastman

May 8, 2011
Tried on gtablet and didn't work. Refunded it and sent email to dev.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I just plugged in a working external keyboard to my 7024 and it doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can activate an external keyboard for the 7024, the quick start guide doesn't say except just to plug it in and there is no user manual for the 7024. What's posted at cobyusa.com is two different PDF file names BUT they are the same quick start guide.

colnago

May 18, 2011
girlperson1,

I haven't tried a keyboard myself, but the manual says:

"Connecting a Keyboard

For times when you want to type for an extended period of time, you may want to connect a full-sized keyboard to the tablet. Use the included USB full-size (Type A) adapter to connect a keyboard to the tablet.

You may also use use this connection to add a mouse to the tablet. The adapter supports one connection at a time. To use a keyboard and mouse simultaneously, you will need to add an external USB hub."

That's it. It doesn't say anything about having to activate a setting on the tablet, just plug 'n play.

As an afterthought, you have to enable the USB connection in order to talk to a PC. I wonder if you need to enable the USB connection for ANY kind of USB interaction. If you haven't tried it already, you might give that a go.

beastman

May 8, 2011
I read at XDA to plug in USB prior to booting. You might try that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
After some experimentation, I figured out how to get the external keyboard to work on the 7024. Go to SETTINGS, ADVANCED SETTINGS and then scroll down to USB BUS MODE. Usually, USB BUS MODE is in USB DEVICE MODE but you need to switch it to USB HOST MODE for an external keyboard to work. Make sure you switch it back if you plan on connecting the 7024 to a computer or you might run into problems. So bottom line, make sure the USB BUS MODE is set for HOST if you are going to use an external keyboard. Set it back to DEVICE mode when you're connecting it to your computer. Works for me!

mag290668

Jun 2, 2011
An external usb keyboard eats so much battery ? Is it suitable to add a wireless keyboard instead ? Does anybody tried a wireless keyboard on the 7024?

therealdizzy

Sep 8, 2011
Download the keyboard called flexT9 from the Amazon app store. It's the free paid app of the day. The swipe to type doesn't work because of the resistive screen but the talk to type works perfectly as well as the keyboard. Believe it or not I typed this whole reply using the talk to text feature didn't touch the keyboard once. I only had to edit two words. It's regularly 4.99 but you can get it today in the Amazon app store for free do it you won't be disappointed!

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

I've been looking for this app and can't seem to find it in either market or amazon app store. Yet if I goto android market on my computer I can find it there. Why won't it show up in the market on my tablet?

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
try slideit 4.0 it really works on my tab even with a resistive screen

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum