Keyboard use with Coby MID7015

jmp9113

Jan 21, 2011
The 7005 has full SDHC slot and full USB port and mini USB port I could stick portable HDD on it the full port and then use the mini with WiFi USB transmitter for say running M305 Logitech Mouse or WiFi Keyboard (this you need WiFi app) The 7015 only has mini USB it comes with the dongle.

What keyboard can I use with the 7015? I have not been able to find one with a mini usb.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You should be able to use one of those sold in MI at Maylong web site cost $25 bucks. Looks like this. Ships for free by UPS Ground takes 2-3 days to get it.

155384_471178612948_579882948_5817329_5869228_n.jpg

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
The MID7015 came with an adapter for mini-USB to regular USB.
Use most any keyboard with a regular USB plug. I've used a wired Dell and a Logitech wireless.
We're shopping for a flexible keyboard (rolls up, silcone like material) for less than $10 at Amazon.
Anyone tried one yet?

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
The MID7015 came with an adapter for mini-USB to regular USB.
Use most any keyboard with a regular USB plug. I've used a wired Dell and a Logitech wireless.
We're shopping for a flexible keyboard (rolls up, silcone like material) for less than $10 at Amazon.
Anyone tried one yet?
Have the yellow one, works fine.

msmeanni

Jan 20, 2011
I purchased two of the 7 inch keyboards with mini USB from Euogo. The Coby 7015 has a telechip TTC8902 in it and that was one of the specs of the keyboard. They offer standard usb and mini usb which ever you choose. I placed my order on Jan 10th and received them on Jan 25th. I know you didn't ask, sorry :) Anyway, plugs directly into the Coby 7015 since it is mini usb and it works great. Also, here is just some extra info, I measured the case and it is about 8 15/16" h by 5 7/8" w. My Coby does fit nicely in the prongs.(just like our original case) Just know that since the case is longer, once you position the Coby you will have about an inch on each side of the tablet. In closing, it is really nice and looks good. Once I am done, I would fold the case up and throw it in my purse. I hope this information helps anyone interested in this keyboard.

62dc123f-e26a-3afb.jpg
62dc123f-e3a6-a2af.jpg
62dc123f-e3bb-7d3c.jpg
62dc123f-e3c9-e882.jpg

Typing from my keyboard!

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

GadjetGirl59

Jan 22, 2011
This is exciting to know that an external keyboard can be used l!:cool : Thanks for the pictures

Last edited:

msmeanni

Jan 20, 2011
This appears to be the same with standard usb..if it is as the post above mentioned you would probably use the mini to usb adapter that comes with the Coby. Also, it appears to have the three prongs to hold the tablet in place. By the way, my tablet hasn't moved yet. Enjoy yours like me!

Sent from my MID7015 using Android Tablet Forum App

blondiee

Jan 27, 2011
Found maybe the same Euogo keyboard on Amazon too
Amazon.com: LEATHER KEYBOARD CASE FOR 7' TABLET OR EPAD: Everything Else
Do these have side bars or does the Coby fall out if you tilt it to the side?
$25 + 5.50 I think we'll probably try it.

I just googled "mini keyboard case" and came up with this: Portable Case Skin Cover With Mini Keyboard For 7 Inch Tablet PC - Protector Sheath(SMQ5852) - US$ 22.99

It's a couple bucks cheaper and down at the bottom, there is a Q&A and specifically about coming with a mini USB (it does). :)

Okay, I'm a bargain shopper...here is is even better w/free shipping: http://www.buyelectronicstore.com/leather-case-usb-keyboard-for-7-inch-tablet-pc-mid-pad_p7071.html Buyer beware...I know absolutely nothing about this second source!!!!

Last edited:

cobynancy

Dec 29, 2010
I just googled "mini keyboard case" and came up with this: Portable Case Skin Cover With Mini Keyboard For 7 Inch Tablet PC - Protector Sheath(SMQ5852) - US$ 22.99

It's a couple bucks cheaper and down at the bottom, there is a Q&A and specifically about coming with a mini USB (it does). :)

Okay, I'm a bargain shopper...here is is even better w/free shipping: Keyboard-Buy Electronic Stores-Best Cheap Electronics Store Online Buyer beware...I know absolutely nothing about this second source!!!!

i just received my case from them and its great! keyboard works and the tablet is held by 3 prongs....and wow what quick delivery had it in a week!