Keypad Issues

S.A.K.

Apr 9, 2015
I received a Proscan PLT7802 android tablet as a gift about a year ago. I haven't done much with it because it kept freezing up whenever I tried to use it. I finally got it out again and realized most of the problem was the distance between the tablet and our wi fi .

I play a game on Facebook that I enjoy and they recently added a second game that can be played on the tablet or phone and connects to my original FB game. The game recently did an update and now I can not connect to FB to join the two games. I need to login to FB from the tablet but the keypad will not come up at all or it will pop up and disappear again before I can type my sign in info.

Is this something in the settings I need to change, did the game update do something, do I need to update something else?

I'm not sure what to check at this point.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you go to the apps manager and scroll to all, find that app that updated and try uninstalling updates.

S.A.K.

Apr 9, 2015
Thank you, I'll give that a try and let you know how it worked.

S.A.K.

Apr 9, 2015
OK.. Here is what has happened.. I went to apps manager, scrolled to all, clicked the game and did not have the option to uninstall the last upgrade. Had to do a complete uninstall. So I went ahead and did that, downloaded and did a new install. Keypad still does a disappearing act. Took almost an hour and a half of tap and wait for keypad to show up, if it showed up, type one letter, poof it would disappear. Putting in numbers was a real challenge have to get in two clicks before it vanishes. Finally got logged in.

Today for what ever reason, my login disappeared. Now I'm back to the keypad popping in and out at will trying to sign back in.

Any other suggestions?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The next thing I would try would be changing the default keyboard to see if it makes a difference.

S.A.K.

Apr 9, 2015
Thanks leeshor.. sorry it took me so long to get back but have been fighting a bit of a spring dose of bronchitis thanks to my partner.... LOL...

So what I have done is went shopping at Amazon and found a case with an android keyboard. It arrived today and finally I can get past the "now you see me, now you don't" touch keypad.. and I can finally connect my two games again. yeaaa.

Thanks for the help and input.. if this thing decides to do anything else to drive me crazy I'll be back...