Kickstand case with keyboard for Mid7022.

Jul 18, 2011
Ordered a kickstand case with keyboard from Amazon for my Mid7022.Plugged it in with usb to mini usb adapter that came with tablet and it worked! Using it now to write this. Has a full keyboard and works in every app I've tried. Very cool!

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1313625552799.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1313625552799.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,144

DuhDroid

Jul 12, 2011
Which one did you get on Amazon? Does it have a direct mini USB connector? How does the 7022 fit in the case, good fit, case too large or??

Jul 18, 2011
It is * HDE 7" Tablet Stand with USB Keyboard - Black Faux Leather Carrying Case $17.97. The case is a little larger than my tablet but my tablet fits nicely while using keyboard and modifying the top tab a little holds it in. As I mentioned before was able to plug into keyboard USB with micro to USB cable that came with the tablet. Performed perfectly.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1314002443170.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1314002443170.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,331
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1314002481400.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1314002481400.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1,073
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1314002574697.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1314002574697.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,061

sparky204

Aug 16, 2011
i dont understand why people would want to get a case like that and have a keyboard. It kind of defeats the purpose of a tablet dont you think. If you are willing to lug that around with your tablet why not just get a netbook?

russell_t

Jul 30, 2011
i dont understand why people would want to get a case like that and have a keyboard. It kind of defeats the purpose of a tablet dont you think. If you are willing to lug that around with your tablet why not just get a netbook?

How do you define "the purpose" of a tablet?

mrbean1957

Mar 28, 2011
Cause if you want a keyboard its there, if not you don't have to use it. I have a netbook, and I find myself using the tablet more and more. PLUS it's a nice case to protect the tablet. Just my views. But its the best $25 I've spent on my Coby.

MCA

Oct 1, 2011
Hello! I notice the same tablet on Amazon with different pricing. Is it the same tablet? How is your tablet holding up?? I've been looking for a "leather" case with keyboard, but can't find one. Thanks!

tink1cker

Nov 6, 2011
Most current pricing I saw on this style kb is around $13-$14 from Amazon. It amazes me that the same thing sells at Wal-Mart for WAY more! It looks cool, but as much typing as I do (I teach and write a lot of lessons), I REALLY need a full-size kb. But if I could get away with it (tried it with an EEE PC netbook and that size kb is just too small for my 41 year old achy jointed male fingers) I'd definitely get one.
I've been concerned about the lifespan of the keys at that price point, but it's probably the very same keyboard built in the very same Chinese or Taiwanese factory by the same little man in rags that the high dollar ones are. I know some of the reviews for the various low-price ones mention keys coming off.
Biggest thing is that if it's what you want...then it's perfect. :)

chiefwino

Feb 3, 2012
I also bought one of these keyboards for Christmas and it worked fine until last night. Now it does nothing. I have tried "reset"; cycling on & off; and I can't find anywhere in settings to adjust USB connection or keyboard. Any suggestions? Or time to buy another one?

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
If you have one of those standard HDE cases the first thing I would do is plug the keyboard into the computer to make sure that was the problem. Do you have any other USB devices you can plug into the Kyros to test the port?

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
Most current pricing I saw on this style kb is around $13-$14 from Amazon. It amazes me that the same thing sells at Wal-Mart for WAY more! It looks cool, but as much typing as I do (I teach and write a lot of lessons), I REALLY need a full-size kb. But if I could get away with it (tried it with an EEE PC netbook and that size kb is just too small for my 41 year old achy jointed male fingers) I'd definitely get one.
I've been concerned about the lifespan of the keys at that price point, but it's probably the very same keyboard built in the very same Chinese or Taiwanese factory by the same little man in rags that the high dollar ones are. I know some of the reviews for the various low-price ones mention keys coming off.
Biggest thing is that if it's what you want...then it's perfect. :)

To be honest at that price all cases wont have a long lifespan. A bit of a hit & miss really.
They are all made in China and the manufacturing process put into them is not meant for these things to last for a long time. Its almost like they are built as disposable cases.

If you are looking to get something a lot more durable, you'll probably need to dosh out more than $50.

We are currently looking into finding decent budget suppliers of keyboard cases for various android tablets and i must say that there is a lot of crap around :) i'll probably have more info with some recommendations in a couple of weeks.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Check it by plugging it into a USB port on a Windows netbook or laptop. One thing I found with the keyboard connected to my Kyros 8125 is some of the keys did not map properly (Del was actually a Backspace) and the lock lights did not function. However, when connected to a Win laptop everything worked fine.

Finding a keyboard case for the 8" Kyros 8125 was not a problem, but I just picked up a Kyros 1126. Before buying I'm a bit concerned that the increased height (7.4"0 and decreased wigth (9.8") could be a problem.

Does anyone have a keyboard case for the 1126 that they would recommend ??

Thanks.