Kids Mode by Zoodles on a 7127 or 7022?

jamescam

Dec 10, 2011
I've decided to get my 6 year old a tablet for Christmas and was leaning toward the 7217 or 7022. This will be the families 1st Android tablet and I'm a little nervous about the parental controls available. It seems like Kids Mode by Zoodles is a safe sandbox for my 6 year old but Im not sure if it will install on the advice. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi jamescam,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us. I don't know about the parental controls aspect but I do like the 7127 as a device, I think it's better then the 7022 because it's got a bigger battery for one, and the buttons are different on it as well. Those were the main differences on the device. However I am not sure about parental controls. Hopefully someone else with experience with that will come by and post about it here. Is Kids Mode a android application? If so then it might run on these devices. Not sure though, but hopefully there is something else that would work just as nicely. :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I've decided to get my 6 year old a tablet for Christmas and was leaning toward the 7217 or 7022. This will be the families 1st Android tablet and I'm a little nervous about the parental controls available. It seems like Kids Mode by Zoodles is a safe sandbox for my 6 year old but Im not sure if it will install on the advice. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

It should work as it says in their webpage that system requirements for Android are 1.6+ and 2.2 +Flash for games.
Zoodles Features

But I've found it only on Android Market and not on GetJar. If you're in the USA, it seems to be available in the Amazon store for Android, which is kinda easy to install using the build-in software. For games, you will also need to install Flash, what's kinda easy on either devices as well. But sometime certain apps don't display as available for certain devices, so it would be good if someone with a 7022 and a 7127 confirmed it first (my device is a 1024).

RichS

Nov 18, 2011

Hello jamescam.
I read your post, and thought I'd give this a try. I have the 7127 with Android Market, Getjar, and Amazon. I found this app in each of theese markets. I also have Adobe Flash Player 11.1 installed. The installation of this was a snap, just had to create an account, and of course I only tested the free things. First I checked out paint, it worked fine. Then watched two videos, Curious George, and one about seals. The video was nice. I did one simple flash game were you pick the first letter of a three letter word. I forget what age I said my kid was when I created a profile. (I named him Test Kid) The thing I really liked about this app was, choosing which games, or any app that could be accessed in this Kids mode. Weather this app is failsafe or not, I don't know. My wife and I don't have kids, but the rugrats will be here for the holidays. So this app may come in handy.

As a side note, I realy liked the app iStoryBooks from Amazon. Nice graphics, narration, and the words on the screen. I did read a negative review however, where a child really liked the books too, and purchased a bunch of them. So i guess that is something you want to make sure they are not able to do.

lfom, thank your for all the info you provide here. The thread about Getjar was great, lots of free apps. Some of which are very good imho. I'm enjoying Ninesky also, and never even heard of that browser.

jamescam

Dec 10, 2011
Thanks for testing this out for me! I have decided to go with the 7127 and an Angry Birds case he will love. When it arrives I'm going to install the Amazon Marketplace and Flash then install the App and get a bunch of the associated games. I will set it up for my son before Christmas so on Christmas day he is all set. It seems the only bit of a challenge may be getting Flash installed but I think I've seen that topic covered in a few other threads.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
lfom, thank your for all the info you provide here. The thread about Getjar was great, lots of free apps. Some of which are very good imho. I'm enjoying Ninesky also, and never even heard of that browser.

You're welcome. Glad to help. ;)