Kindle app

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I love using the built in epub reader in nc. I downloaded a small library of mobi books though. I found out that i needed the kindle app for them so i downloaded it. Now i know this sounds like im an idiot but i cant figure out how to add them so i can read them with it. If i click on a title thru a file manager it doesn't list kindle as an app option. Moving the books to the kindle directory on the sd card did not help either. Please help.

sent from my rooted nook color

PaTwRiK

Jan 31, 2011
If you want, you can convert those mobi files to epub using calibre on your desktop.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Tapatalk

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Another option is to use fbReader. It reads both formats, and you can set the folder of its library (/sdcard/books/) by default.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
The book i was trying was corrupted. Copied a few others to the kindle directory and it worked fine. Thanx!

sent from my rooted nook color

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
has anyone tried downloading from the app, when i click on the kindle store it gives me an error saying we're sorry. the web address u entered is not a functioning page on our site. then the only link i get is to the amazon home page

delderElder

Oct 4, 2011
how do you put them in the kindle folder? I am having the same problem, I have about 25 books in my file manager but do not know how to get them into kindle.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
how do you put them in the kindle folder? I am having the same problem, I have about 25 books in my file manager but do not know how to get them into kindle.

You should be able to drag and drop the files from your pc to the kindle folder on the nook. My kindle folder is on the SD card.