Kindle Fire will Feature 'Thousands' of Apps Including Netflix

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

Amazon-Kindle-Fire-1.jpg

Amazon announced today that it will have “several thousand” apps coming for the Kindle Fire’s launch next week. The apps will include access to Netflix, a selling point that Barnes and Noble highlighted with its launch of the Nook Tablet earlier this week.

Other apps available through Amazon’s curated version of the Android market will include Facebook, Pandora (also a Nook partner), Rovio, PopCap, Zynga and Gameloft, all powerhouses for mobile consumption.

In a press statement, Kindle vice president Dave Limp said that the new apps were “only the beginning -- we’re adding more apps and games every day across all categories.”

Source: Amazon

So who's preordered one? Be sure to checkout our sister site at Kindle Fire Forum - Amazon Kindle Fire Forum

tmoore4261

Jul 18, 2011
I've been looking into tablets for a bit now and it looks like I might be going with the Kindle Fire. The selling point for me is, well there are several, I read a lot and I do like the kindle app I have on my android phone; I have purchased quite a few time from Amazon so they are a trusted site for me; I like that I can buy music from them, I also have the amazon app on my phone; the true selling point is that it will have Netflix which is a must have on any tablet if I am to purchase it. I'm not too crazy about cloud though and I don't like that there is no external storage available at least I think that what I understand, but I think I can live with it; and of course, can't forget the price $199 not bad for all it offers and I just named a few of what was important to me. I wish it were already out, I won't buy anything until I've read the customer reviews so I won't purchase it until a few months after it's come out.