Kindle on the 7022

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
Seriously?

I spent months researching the best Android tablet to be used primarily as an eReader but secondarily as a tablet... I travelled 3000 miles to the US and 3000 miles home... I've installed Market (and the new Market) successfully and linked everything up to my Dad's account (because it is a gift for him), and hacked into his email account to make sure he doesn't see any notifications.

I've emailed the whole family telling them to buy eBook vouchers from Amazon for Christmas, and set up Mum's actual Kindle on the same Amazon account so that they can share books with one another.

And now I find out the damn thing doesn't work with Kindle!?

I've got Aldiko on there (which I use myself and am happy with), but does anyone know any way (or at least a good reason why not) I can get Kindle on here?

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
Same with PDF reader, BBC iPlayer... it seems this tablet is incompatible with most of the interesting apps... :(

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Works fine with pdf reader. Also kindle works perfect and looks great! what are you talking about?

I think you problem might be that you need to change dpi to 160 which is what this tablet should be by default but for some odd reason its at 200. Even the build.prop states 160 dpi is the default. 160 dpi makes this tablet look 100x better btw

If you don't want to do the dpi thing then installl kindle from the amazon market

not sure about bbc iplayer but if you provide a link I'd be happy to test it for you on newest market/160 dpi

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
And now I find out the damn thing doesn't work with Kindle!?

I've got Aldiko on there (which I use myself and am happy with), but does anyone know any way (or at least a good reason why not) I can get Kindle on here?

You can't install it or it doesn't run?

If you use Market 2.x (latest is 2.3.6 AFAIK), then you will install all apps you can find, but some may not be visible. If you upgrade to 3.x, then doing the trick nba said works. I clear Market data in Settings, use LCD resolution (free from Market) to set 160dpi, it will reboot, I open Market, download what I want, and then I can boot normally and I still see and download most apps from Market.

Badger_Lady

Sep 23, 2011
Thanks guys...

Yeah, if I visit the (new) Market from the tablet, Kindle et al don't show up at all, or show up minus the 'download' button.

If I visit Market from my laptop, it displays the message "This application is not compatible with your device".

Either way I have no option to install it in the first place.

The tablet has run out of battery now so until I can get hold of a UK charger I'm a bit stuck. I'll let you know how I get on in a couple of weeks!

Last edited:

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Soundsblike the resolution need robbery changed to 160. Mine works great with kindle and adobe PDF.

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Do a search on WWW.apktop.com for "kindle" and install from apk, there's more than a few apps out there that are marked 'incompatible' but will actually work if you can get them installed.

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022

Stevo

Jun 21, 2011
I've installed Kindle no problem with no root. I think it was in the slideme market maybe. It even installed the autoupdates and works great.

JArmandB

Jul 13, 2011
I've had the Kindle app since day one. As stated before, try the older version of the market.