Kindle serial number on Galaxy Tablet

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note/Tab' started by 10Matic, Dec 16, 2010.

1. 10Matic

10Matic Member

****Edit**** With Amazon's GREAT Customer Service I am now able to download books through them on my Kindle app on my Galaxy Tablet....Problem Solved Thank You Amazon!!!!

I am trying to hook my Galaxy Tablet up to my Amazon account through the pre-installed Kindle app. To activate my Kindle app through the tablet I need to have the Kindle serial Number....can someone please tell me where the Kindle Serial number is located on my Galaxy Tablet? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. PKsMeowmy

PKsMeowmy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tablet-T-Mobile
    ***Update***I worked on my tablet more and on my MAC and was able to figure out that because I had 2 email accounts, the main one it was acknowledging was the gmail account instead of my primary, so I had to add a default credit card on my account and it worked!

10Matic: I am having the same problem, can you post what they suggested? Kindle/Amazon is asking for my serial number under "your account" settings. My serial # is 11 digits and Kindle needs 16 digits. Have any suggestions? THANKS in advance if you are able to help and if not, thank you for reading.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  3. dave_t

dave_t Member

You don't need a s/n with a non-kindle device with the kindle app installed. You just access your pre-existing account on Amazon through the app. If you don't have a kindle account I believe you need to set it up on line before trying to access with a non kindle device. I already had a kindle account and when I accessed it with my GT, no s/n was required.