Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I had an update notification on Kinpad. I just installed it. It wipes all data as expected. I noticed it fixed my Facebook sync problem. I'm going to try 3g later after I get my daughter in bed.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Hurray the update fixes the 3g problem.!!! I'm writing this on 3g and no time out. Screen calibration now works as well.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Hurray the update fixes the 3g problem.!!! I'm writing this on 3g and no time out. Screen calibration now works as well.

Thats great news.........I just have to wait another month now to receive my unit. lol

Also I noticed that one of the manufacturer website has TV tuner for i600 and the other doesn't. Looks like many different variations of the same slate are being manufactured. Front + Rear camera model with higher resolution as well.

Last edited:

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Also I noticed that one of the manufacturer website has TV tuner for i600 and the other doesn't. Looks like many different variations of the same slate are being manufactured. Front + Rear camera model with higher resolution as well.

Aaah, the pleasures of ordering a tablet from China. :0) So much wrong / misleading information.

Though I read descriptions about HDMI, tv/fm turners, even headphones being included I asked the manufacturer (who I think is the manufacturer??) and they said none of these options exists. They said they want to take it slow with the development.

The Kinpad still packs a lot of hardware into a small form factor.

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I'm definitely pleased with the update. Everything seems to be work good with the exception of my micro sdcard mounts to different locations (sometimes /sdcard/sdcard1 or /sdcard/sdcard2) after reboot. For now it just seems to be an annoyance, nothing critical. I guess we can keep our fingers crossed for an Android 2.3 or 3.0 release. So far I'm pleased, now it's time to start having fun. I was thinking of sending it to the guy that does Rom Manager so he can build a recovery image for it. His site says turn around is about a week, but I'm headed out of town and I want to take it with me. Maybe when I get back if it hasn't been done yet.

I got a screen protector (invisible shield) and cut it to fit Kinpad. I'll take some pictures later to show how it looks.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Im not so sure the Android 3.0 release will run on the i600 slate considering one of the honeycomb requirements is a minimum of 1Ghz processor.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Aaah, the pleasures of ordering a tablet from China. :0) So much wrong / misleading information.

Though I read descriptions about HDMI, tv/fm turners, even headphones being included I asked the manufacturer (who I think is the manufacturer??) and they said none of these options exists. They said they want to take it slow with the development.

The Kinpad still packs a lot of hardware into a small form factor.

You can plainly see the differences here www . eavoo. com and www. ehoo. com

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
Merimobiles pushes the i600 ship date forward from February 27th to March 4th or 5th then add 14 to 21 days shipment arival time, so basically I wont be getting my hands on my i600 until the end of March early April. That sux considering I paid $399.00 via PayPal on January 24th.:mad::confused::(:mad::confused::(

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
Merimobiles pushes the i600 ship date forward from February 27th to March 4th or 5th then add 14 to 21 days shipment arival time, so basically I wont be getting my hands on my i600 until the end of March early April. That sux considering I paid $399.00 via PayPal on January 24th.:mad::confused::(:mad::confused::(

I've been following the Kinpad since Christmas and I have to admit that I really don't understand the delays. They do exist my purchase is proof of that. I'm starting to think that Tobyw01 and I are the only ones who actually own a Kinpad. I've been using it with 3g and it's been great. If only i can find a "tough skin" style protector then everything would be complete. - until I finally find time to finally power up my Zpad.

I also think that Honeycomb will make it to the Kinpad. If the developers don't do it then someone somewhere will do it. It may not be a speed demon but nothing a bit of over-clocking can't fix.

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I've been following the Kinpad since Christmas and I have to admit that I really don't understand the delays. They do exist my purchase is proof of that. I'm starting to think that Tobyw01 and I are the only ones who actually own a Kinpad. I've been using it with 3g and it's been great. If only i can find a "tough skin" style protector then everything would be complete. - until I finally find time to finally power up my Zpad.

I also think that Honeycomb will make it to the Kinpad. If the developers don't do it then someone somewhere will do it. It may not be a speed demon but nothing a bit of over-clocking can't fix.

I looked for days and weeks on the net to locate the manufacturer of the kinpad which lead me to a company called showchina. This company claimed to me, to be the designers and manufacturer they also claimed they had the item instock but the item name was under a model #SCA-M7007 "not kinpad". I could have purchased a sample from them just before the chinese new year but there payment terms are unacceptable for me "western union" or "bank transfer" It maybe just me, but I like to have some type of protection when I make an overseas purchase that is why I choose merimobiles they accept PayPal and I have never had a problem getting a refund using PayPal. It seems to be supply and demand that is causing the processing delays not to mention its probably a logistical nightmare for dropshippers tring to satisfy timely deliverables to there impatient customers who want there items yesterday.

P.S. the www. ehoo .com website is no longer showing the "KINTAB" makes me wander why ??????

Last edited:

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010
I looked for days and weeks on the net to locate the manufacturer of the kinpad which lead me to a company called showchina. This company claimed to me, to be the designers and manufacturer they also claimed they had the item instock but the item name was under a model #SCA-M7007 "not kinpad". I could have purchased a sample from them just before the chinese new year but there payment terms are unacceptable for me "western union" or "bank transfer" It maybe just me, but I like to have some type of protection when I make an overseas purchase that is why I choose merimobiles they accept PayPal and I have never had a problem getting a refund using PayPal. It seems to be supply and demand that is causing the processing delays not to mention its probably a logistical nightmare for dropshippers tring to satisfy timely deliverables to there impatient customers who want there items yesterday.

P.S. the www. ehoo .com website is no longer showing the "KINTAB" makes me wander why ??????

I got mine from aliexpress it showed up on there website for a short time under a different name. I ordered it back in October last year and didn't get of until end of January. I found of under snowmen China as well. Its now under kinpad on aliexpress, it shows about a hand full of people that ordered it but only Mr Dasher and I ha e showed up on the forum's. I would stick with aliexpress or merimobiles, because you can at least dispute the purchase and have a chance at getting your money back if there is a problem.

I'm at an airport in UAE and kinpad is working great so far.

Sent from my I600 using Tapatalk

tobyw01

Sep 28, 2010

I think we can get Honeycomb if community adopts it but more units will have to be delivered, to get some out to the people. I was thinking of sending mine to the guy that do Rom Manager so he can build a recovery Ingram for it. His website says turn around is about a week. But, I had to travel and wanted to take it with me. Maybe when I get back. I'm using an M-edge nook book style cover and its good for me.

Sent from my I600 using Tapatalk

Mr Dasher

Jan 8, 2011
I ordered my Kinpad from ShowChina through Aliexpress. There is protection when ordering through Aliexpress. They hold the money in "escrow" . When you receive the product and everything is in order you then release the funds to the supplier. Not sure how easy it is to get a refund from Aliexpess.

In my case i "chatted" with ShowChina. I asked them if they had stock and of course they said they did and it would take a week to ship. After waiting 2 weeks, and knowing Chinese New Year was about to start, i told them either ship the kinpad or i was going to cancel my order. My order was shipped that weekend. I have to say that communicating with ShowChina was easy. All emails and chat requests were answered. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again ..... if i ever had the energy to order from China again.

ShowChina may in fact be the manufacturer with Eehoow (sp?) being the developer.

I'd really like to know the real reason for the delay. My concren is that they may miss the boat on getting public acceptance because buyers may decide to wait for more powerful tablets that are about to be released.

In the end I'm still loving my Kinpad.

Last edited:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
I ordered my Kinpad from ShowChina through Aliexpress. There is protection when ordering through Aliexpress. They hold the money in "escrow" . When you receive the product and everything is in order you then release the funds to the supplier. Not sure how easy it is to get a refund from Aliexpess.

In my case i "chatted" with ShowChina. I asked them if they had stock and of course they said they did and it would take a week to ship. After waiting 2 weeks, and knowing Chinese New Year was about to start, i told them either ship the kinpad or i was going to cancel my order. My order was shipped that weekend. I have to say that communicating with ShowChina was easy. All emails and chat requests were answered. I wouldn't hesitate ordering from them again ..... if i ever had the energy to order from China again.

ShowChina may in fact be the manufacturer with Eehoow (sp?) being the developer.

I'd really like to know the real reason for the delay. My concren is that they may miss the boat on getting public acceptance because buyers may decide to wait for more powerful tablets that are about to be released.

In the end I'm still loving my Kinpad.

Thats all good.......but showchina doesn't always accept Aliexpess :eek:

eprom101

Feb 15, 2011
good news for lower end processors

Remember when that rumor was brought up the first time? You know, the one where the newer versions of Android would require a specific set of specs? Remember when it was debunked? Remember when that rumor came back up again? Remember when that one was debunked too? Yep, Dan Morrill has put yet another ax to these claims: Honeycomb does not require a dual core processor. (Note that he doesn’t say anything about the screen resolution.) Though he may be telling the truth, all of the tablets that are supposed to be shipping with Honeycomb will have Tegra 2 dual-core processors and have screen sizes and resolutions of 10-inches and 1280×720 or higher. Coincidence? Eh. Even if it isn’t true, that would mean these tablet makers have no desire to stink up the joint, and I’m just glad to see a new wave of tablets with such high specs. Twitter for the confirmation. [via AG]

Last edited: