[KITCHEN]Android Kernel Kitchen 0.3.1 (Linux / Windows)

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
This is a great tool (by championswimmer of XDA) for those of us compiling -- or trying to compile :eek: -- kernels and flashing them. It's menu-driven and automates the commands necessary to split or make boot images, as well as editing the bootsplash image. Anyone flashing kernels should find this useful. Don't forget to buy the author a "coffee" if you come to rely on his kitchen.

[KITCHEN]Android Kernel Kitchen 0.3.1 (Linux / Windows) - xda-developers

anika200

Dec 2, 2012
hmmm, a kernel kitchen. Thats what I thought
make menuconfig
was for.:rolleyes: Ahhh, now I know what it is, it's an aftermarket menuconfig.

Seriously though, a kitchen can save tons of keystrokes and frustration. I use them when ever it is a good one and I can see the source or I trust the author.

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
hmmm, a kernel kitchen. Thats what I thought was for.:rolleyes: Ahhh, now I know what it is, it's an aftermarket menuconfig.

Seriously though, a kitchen can save tons of keystrokes and frustration. I use them when ever it is a good one and I can see the source or I trust the author.

Shame on you -- you know that menuconfig is completely different. I used the kitchen so I could permanently flash my kernel image (and verify that, once again, my zImage is bad). Then I split the zImage out of the boot.img from the ROM zip, flashed that, and recovered my tablet.