KO13 4.4.2 Can't Put Apps or App Data on SD

Zoltrix

Aug 26, 2014
my friends shield and my phone still have option to store apps and or appdata on sd albeit not all but most. it appears on my memopad there is no option at all to store these on the microsd.... what gives?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Not sure how to tell you what you need to do to root but current generations of the Android OS will not natively allow moving apps to the SD card. Older systems had partitioned internal storage and allowed that but it was really only moving the apps from one partition to another, not to external storage. That was possible before they started making tablets and phones with SD card slots. Google has removed that option in current Android versions.

rshalev

Apr 11, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Not sure how to tell you what you need to do to root but current generations of the Android OS will not natively allow moving apps to the SD card. Older systems had partitioned internal storage and allowed that but it was really only moving the apps from one partition to another, not to external storage. That was possible before they started making tablets and phones with SD card slots. Google has removed that option in current Android versions.

Actually there's a very simple solution to transfer apps to an SD card. I had it done on a 4.2 Jelly Bean and 4.4 Kit Kat tablet.
PLEASE NOTE - IN ORDER FOR THIS TO WORK YOUR TABLET NEEDS TO BE ROOTED.
The way to do it is as follows:
1. Go to the Google Play store and install the Link2SD App - Free.
2. Then go there again and install Link2SD Plus App - Free.
3. Now you have to create a new partition on your SD card to be used as storage for those apps moved to the SD.
4. Here is the tutorial on how to create this partition and how to use the above apps:

http://sero7forum.com/sero-7-apps/links2sd/

This was written for the Hisense Sero 7 Pro Tablet but is should work with any tablet running on 4.2 Jelly Bean and 4.4 Kit Kat

Write to me if you have any questions.

Last edited: