Need To Upgrade Coby Kyros 7048

zat0007

Mar 18, 2017
Hi every one i am very excited to see this forum because i am stuck form a week for my koby problem i have koby kyros 7048 which have 4.0.3 android version .
i thought it will update auto like other brands have auto option in it but when i go in about device for update there is no update option there is just 2 options which are
update from internal
update from external

i want to upgrade my koby but from 1 week almost i am not succeed the procedure to upgrade it even i dont know is it can be update or not if it can update on any higher version than current version (android 4.0.3) please guide me step by step because i am not a well trained about the game of android

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Coby never bothered with firmware updates except for some ancient Generation 1 models. On top of that Coby has been out of business now for over four years. Since there are no firmware updates you can forget about updating the tablet. It's stuck on Android 4.0.3.

zat0007

Mar 18, 2017
oke but there is no other option like i have read about rooting and reinstall android etc actually i want to install play store which i dont know how it possible .. please guide me any one who know step by step procedure for this

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Ok, but there is no other option? I have read about rooting and reinstalling Android, etc. Actually I want to install the Play Store, which I don't know if it is possible. Please guide me anyone who knows the step by step procedure for this.

Seriously, I shouldn't have to rewrite your post in order to be able to read it, so please learn to create proper sentences. It's very hard to parse your posts without them.

There are no other options. The 7048 has what we refer to as a "nand lock". Attempting to modify the tablet by installing a custom recovery, custom boot.img, or custom ROM will trip the nand lock. When the nand lock is tripped, the tablet's internal storage is permanently set to read only mode. Rooting doesn't trigger the nand lock, though attempting to install the Google apps package may trip it.

In any case, updated versions of Android are out of the question. No custom ROMs exist, and no factory restore images were ever made. To be totally honest, the device couldn't handle them anyway due to the single core processor and the 1GB of RAM. You should have the Amazon Appstore available for the tablet, which you can use to get your apps. If not, you can download it by accessing Amazon.com on the tablet browser.