Kocaso M730W Review ???

dogginky

Apr 3, 2012
Ordered this tablet from Geeks, should be here Thur or Fri. Anyone hav this tablet or now much about it ? The specs looked ok on it for 115 free s/h.Not much info on Geeks.Looked it up on ebay and found a little more info there on it.I m hoping its rooted....Anyone hav a review

ayoungf

Mar 26, 2012
I have one, took advantage of that same deal on Geeks. So far pretty good tablet for the money. I picked the Kocaso over other because of the processor speed. It seems most the rest of the budget tablets have no more than 1.0Ghz this one has 1.2Ghz and that helps. Just get a good size memory card for it and you should be good.

dogginky

Apr 3, 2012
When to the post office and picked it up earlier. WOW way better than the Coby mid7012..fast.loads web pages fast....and it comes rooted...Android 2.3.4 Please no one hold me to this but I downloaded hardware info and this is what it says..1.2cpu 314 ram(In manual it says 512mb) Mali-400 MP Open GL ES-CM 1.1 3 axis accelerometer gravity sensor..linear acecel sensor rotation vector sensor... still playing with it but so far i m really thinking of getting another one.. any questions ask... not a power tablet user....pc gamer and pc tweaker by heart..but will answer what i can if your considering this tablet...I couldnt find one close to this for 115 free shipping...So I m rooted out of the box... should I install super user first{the screen is very nice and works very well}

Last edited:

ddemille_99

Jul 18, 2012
I recently grabbed an m730w off amazon for around $80. It is a really nice alternative to the kindle fire. Does all i need at the same speed as the fire. My only issues so far are:

1) I cannot find the way to calibrate the screen, yet.
2) I do not know which Android 4 to use, yet.
3) The tablet is not popular enough for phantomskinz.com to have a screen protector for it, so I have to modify a fire cover (the touch screen surface is nearly identical) and those things are nearly impossible to cut cleanly. :p

All in all the only true negative is the battery has only lasted for 6 hours of constant gaming, but I think almost every app was on in the background. Still learning though.