Kross Smart Pad GY-M722 (The M701A) powers off/restarts on its own

soulg77

Feb 28, 2012
Just got this tablet the Kross Smart Pad GY-M722 which seems to be this one (the 4GB version):

Generic 7-Inch Touchscreen Android 2.3 Tablet

I got this used for $40cad, I knew it had this problem before hand though I'm confident the problem can be fixed. And as the subject title says, the device powers off or restarts whether I use the hardware buttons or the screen. The person I bought this from mentioned that the problem started happening after he updated the firmware. He was also told that the device had to be re-flashed to fix the problem.

So I guess my questions are is where would I be able to find a ROM so I can re-flash (is that the proper term) the device? and is there a thread that dealt with problem?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Creatin

Mar 14, 2012
Just got this tablet the Kross Smart Pad GY-M722 which seems to be this one (the 4GB version):

Generic 7-Inch Touchscreen Android 2.3 Tablet

I got this used for $40cad, I knew it had this problem before hand though I'm confident the problem can be fixed. And as the subject title says, the device powers off or restarts whether I use the hardware buttons or the screen. The person I bought this from mentioned that the problem started happening after he updated the firmware. He was also told that the device had to be re-flashed to fix the problem.

So I guess my questions are is where would I be able to find a ROM so I can re-flash (is that the proper term) the device? and is there a thread that dealt with problem?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.
hey man check out this fourm here TechKnow - Index
they seem to know what they are doing and i think ur model can be UBERoided

goodluck

timzeto

Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

Just wonder whether you've solved the problem on the KROSS-m722. I also bought the same model from FactoryDirect in Toronto (I lived here). Everything was working good for about 3 months and then the battery died (I guess). It needs the AC adapter plugged in for it to work. The battery indicates its being charged continuously. If I pull out the adapter, it just quit.

regards

tim