Kyros 1024 user opinions.?.?

scottfish

May 25, 2011
Who here has picked up a 1024 and really put it through its paces?

I have an iPad 2, but was looking for a second tablet as kind of a knockaround device and as a secondary tablet when my wife/daughter steal my iPad.

Also, as a Linux guy and ex Nokia NIT user the hackability of Android always gets my juices flowing. I have ownedf a G-Tablet and rooted Nook Color in the past as well.

My company has an incentive program similar to airline/credit card miles and I can grab an 8024 or a 1024, but the capacitive touchscreen has me leaning toward the 1024 (even though having a slightly smaller tablet also intrigues me). Either way, the price (essentially free) is right for me to snag one of these (a Xoom would be more than DOUBLE the "points" and out of my current purchasing power's range).

What are your opinions on the 1024?? Does it appear a Gingerbread, Honeycomb or Ice Cream Sandwich update is in the cards?

beeman21

Sep 5, 2011
i have. it is pretty nice but they said it has 1ghz proccessor but it doesnt seem so to me cause its quite slow "sometimes".otherwise it doesnt have android market.it comes wth appslib s i had to put android market on it which was very simple and has no problems.what else.....:confused:it is capacitive touchscreen so that is nice andandroid 2.2 which doesnt seem upgradable both officially and unofficially.;)

ENCXBG1

Sep 12, 2011
I picked one up on Friday because my son is really into gadgets right now and it was his birthday. Fry's just put them on sale for $179.99 and it was the only 10" capacitive touch device I could find in this price range. I have to say that I'm really impressed! Sure it's not the most polished device out right now but it does everything I could ask out of a Tablet at this price point. My device is not rooted yet and I probably won't root it until there is more community support. That being said, Everything works! I've got Google Services running with the newest market and Netflix is fully functional. Every game i've tried runs on it and functions as it should. The only down side to this tablet is overall speed and the display is not as high a resolution as the $400+ tablets. Basically the thing runs most anything and may start to slow down a bit when multitasking or hang for a few seconds while an app is loading but it's less than $200!!!! The capacitive touch screen is far more responsive than you would expect in a device at this price point! If you want a good performance comparison I'd say that this is like a giant EVO (which I have). The hardware is probably a year out of date but everything functions great. There are newer and shinier products out right now but they come at a huge price increase. Everytime I use this thing I can't believe what I paid for it. I've been an android user for a while now and have used most modern Apple and Android products at great length. This thing is truly impressive for the money!

dmyrick1967

Sep 11, 2011
i have. it is pretty nice but they said it has 1ghz proccessor but it doesnt seem so to me cause its quite slow "sometimes".otherwise it doesnt have android market.it comes wth appslib s i had to put android market on it which was very simple and has no problems.what else.....:confused:it is capacitive touchscreen so that is nice andandroid 2.2 which doesnt seem upgradable both officially and unofficially.;)
So what have you done to get market and netflix onboard. I am technoliterate but cant seem to find the right steps to get these working on my 1024 from frys. Do enjoy the zeam launcher i found though.

sunyata

Sep 20, 2011
So what have you done to get market and netflix onboard. I am technoliterate but cant seem to find the right steps to get these working on my 1024 from frys. Do enjoy the zeam launcher i found though.

netflix apk here:

This netflix apk works on my Coby 1024 also bought from Frys. One small bug, when you start netflix, it will offer to update, but you just click cancel to decline update because this apk is specially hacked and if updated to "mainstream" it would not play on froyo: netflix-devicecheck-disabled.apk

tarakmehta

Feb 5, 2011
On Coby 1024 website it states it has RJ-45. I was not sure, Could you confirm this.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
On Coby 1024 website it states it has RJ-45. I was not sure, Could you confirm this.

There is an error in the product page on Coby USA website. Maybe it supports a USB -> RJ-45 (ethernet) adapter, but probably it will require rooting and editing some system files if it actually supports it using stock OS, more or less like it supports USB 3G dongles.