Kyros 1125

Dec 12, 2011
So, I went back to Amazon to take a hard look at the 8127 (can't handle a resistive screen) and started checking out the bigger tablets, that for some reason today were much less expensive than the 8" Kyros.
I really wanted the 8127, but it was $50 more than the 1125. I think it will be bigger than I like (I've been playing
with the 7012, 7127 and 7024) but the price couldn't be beat.

Now, I'm looking for a folio type of case (impossible to find) or skin for it.

What do I need to know about this tablet, compared to the 7" tabs? All advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ginny

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
I have 2 tablets: 16 GB Gateway A60 (Acer Iconia) and a 4GB Coby MID-1125-4G. Though I have not rooted the Coby I have it running pretty well for my requirements.

For example, today I can some movies from the Coby 1125 to my Epson EX5210 projector via the built in HDMI port. I was outputting 1080p and 720p onto a 110" to 200" screen. I streamed some Japanese Anime (Crunchyroll) over the WiFi, I transferred and ran some files from my hard drives (cloud, 15 TB), also ran some from the USB port via thumb-drives and SDtoUSB adapters. Worked great. So it performs well as a home-theater media player. You don't need a projector - you can also output to a HDMI monitor or TV.

I also use it daily as a Stereo using PowerAMP and outputting to battery powered speakers. Works really good once you setup the equalizer and the "StereoFX" settings. Although the Coby is a single-core the CPU requirements for running PowerAMP are very modest and you continue to use it for other tasks at the same time. I can also output to my wireless headphones, FM transmitter and directly into my receiver. It doesn't do Dolby or "surround-sound" but none-the-less, my Coby turned into a great little home entertainment unit.

I also use Opera Mobile and Flash a-lot. Works great for business requirements. I have a stand-case-keyboard for it as well which I use a-lot.

I'm also have 3 types of external battery packs for it. For example, downloading manga overnight and through the morning I had only used 25% of my largest battery packs capacity. So very handy for extended periods away from a plug (say on a long jet ride).

Also I tend to read the latest Japanese manga using some of the manga programs. Really handy!

I could go on - it's a very versatile tablet. It has shortcomings too - for example - don't expect to use it for Skype video.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2011
The mid8127 is a capacitive touchscreen, so is the 7127 and 1125 and 1126 ( 7012 an 7024 are resistive touchscree, hence the low-price.

jbaerbock

Jan 3, 2012
I've used high end tablets before and personally don't find THAT huge a difference between them and my 7127. I was looking at the 8127 myself but noticed for the price difference the 7127 wasn't that much different aside from much lower cost.

Sent from my MID7127 using Android Tablet Forum