Kyros 7015

Wilsondrod

Dec 27, 2010
I have had the Kyros MID-7015 for about five days now and I like it but I am disapointed. I wish there was a way for it to tether to my android based t-molile phone for internet. By mini-usb or MIFI (wireless). It is kinda useless for me that I cannot hit the internet without being in WIFI coverage. Any one know a fix for this please let me know.

Other wise... this will be on ebay and I will have a Galaxy in my hands!

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure if you root the device using the tutorial here you can use if for wi-fi tethering. That is in fact the biggest reason for rooting Android devices (tether support).

I'm not 100% sure but why not give it a try? While you're at it you could install the REAL google marketplace and have access to more applications!

Anyone else please correct me if I'm wrong about tethering.

Wilsondrod

Dec 27, 2010
I might do that. I wonder if anyone has tethered a droid based phone with their tablet yet.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Just want to share this with everyone there are at least 2 threads on this site to help you with this please search for them and yes people already have tethered their android based phones to android based tablets

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Tablet Forum App

Wilsondrod

Dec 27, 2010
Correct me if I am wrong here....

It is obvious I will have to root my Kyros but the problem is my phone is the mytouch 3.5mm that is still running on android 1.6. I don't want to root my phone at all. So, I might just have to wait until FROYO update comes out for my phone to make this tethering thing easy. Unless there is a fix i'm missing.

troyy0206

Nov 14, 2010
I might do that. I wonder if anyone has tethered a droid based phone with their tablet yet.

The phone tethering is ad-hoc and Android cannot connect to an ad-hoc wireless network. There are a couple threads around here where someone has posted how you can swap a settings files or something to allow you to switch back and forth between ad-hock and infrastructure mode. Looked pretty involved to me...I might tackle it if it becomes a real need for me, but right now I am relying on WiFi.