kyros 8024 3g modem huawei e220

marcio

Sep 22, 2011
Hi guys...i have one question...i connected my modem to tablet activated the 3g menu's ...but is still doesnt work...there is written "connect" but the site web doesnt load ...?
Anybody can help me?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. How did you enable 3G?
2. Are you using the stock firmware?
3. Is your tablet rooted?
4. Did you add the correct APN settings for your carrier?
5. Are you sure the modem connects (light stops blinking and go solid)?

marcio

Sep 22, 2011
by init.smdkv210.rc file i enabled 3g
yeah stock firmware and last update by cobyusa.com
Carrier do you mean etc/apns-conf.xml?
i actived host mod usb...i have "conecting" text on 3g network setting

btw: im on rooted kyros

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. You must change USB in your 8024 to "host" (same thing when you want to use an USB keyboard or flash drive)
2. Your modem has to be listed in the supported devices when you add a new APN (Settings->Wireless & networks->3G Network Settings->New 3G Connection under the modem selction combo). You may need to update your modem's firmware (look for an update in the manufacturer's website) using a normal computer first
3. Make sure you have the correct APN settings (create one using New 3G Connection) for the SIM you are using

This video in Portuguese is for MID1024 but may help you:

Last edited by a moderator:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
if it said its connected maybe its the internet provider that has the problem... also in my 3G modem im using a pre-paid sim card..if i dont have enough money credits i cant browse the net even if im connected...

marcio

Sep 22, 2011
@fixrms
ad 1) OK
ad 2) Huawei - Modemy GSM/UMTS - E220 OK
ad 3) OK

Now sometimes my modem can connect but website doesnt load yet

Maybe its cause by simlock on my modem its braned of TIM and i have 3 sim card...!?!
Must i unlock huawei e220?

From huawei unlocker:
Unlock Code : 43637525Flash Code : 64856552
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Reading...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Manufacturer :Huawei
Model :E220
R
Revision :1.117.07.00.192
Imei :354136028227829
Simlock :Unlocked
Counters :0,0
So it's unlocked device...why it doesnt work?
apn conf:
name: 3
nr: #99*
apn: tre.it
Set wcdma e220 device and connect with default user&passwd

btw: im was setting a "only modem" by putty without cd-rom and flash memory

Last edited:

giomen

Nov 2, 2011
please, can i have more information about this topic, i mean how to use a Huawei E220 with my tablet android? it finds out the datacard, and establishes a 3G connection, but it doesn't download any data from the sites i try to open... i have credit on my card, the apn is right set, i have a WIND prepaid sim card... what else?
is it available any how-to guide or use manual?
many many thanks in advance :)
Giomen (Italy)

@fixrms
ad 1) OK
ad 2) Huawei - Modemy GSM/UMTS - E220 OK
ad 3) OK

Now sometimes my modem can connect but website doesnt load yet

Maybe its cause by simlock on my modem its braned of TIM and i have 3 sim card...!?!
Must i unlock huawei e220?

From huawei unlocker:

So it's unlocked device...why it doesnt work?
apn conf:
name: 3
nr: #99*
apn: tre.it
Set wcdma e220 device and connect with default user&passwd

btw: im was setting a "only modem" by putty without cd-rom and flash memory

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
please, can i have more information about this topic, i mean how to use a Huawei E220 with my tablet android? it finds out the datacard, and establishes a 3G connection, but it doesn't download any data from the sites i try to open... i have credit on my card, the apn is right set, i have a WIND prepaid sim card... what else?
is it available any how-to guide or use manual?
many many thanks in advance :)
Giomen (Italy)

First of all, what is your tablet's brand, model and OS? Most Kyros tablets come with support to 3G dongles disabled, so you must first install a patch to enable it. You may need to update your modem's firmware as well, and make sure your SIM is not protected with a PIN.

If you have another tablet, then probably you will be luckier if you ask in another forum area about your model. ;)

giomen

Nov 2, 2011
First of all, what is your tablet's brand, model and OS? Most Kyros tablets come with support to 3G dongles disabled, so you must first install a patch to enable it. You may need to update your modem's firmware as well, and make sure your SIM is not protected with a PIN.

If you have another tablet, then probably you will be luckier if you ask in another forum area about your model. ;)

ok, brand, i dont' know... seems to be something like BEEGO, maybe..
model name is EM73_SIS_GC2M_V2
os android 2.3.3
kernel version 2.6.35.7

SIM is not protected by PIN, and i dont know how to enable the 3G dongle :(

giomen

Nov 2, 2011
maybe it's this one

DEVICE
Model: EM73_SIS_GC2M_V2
Brand: telechips
Fingerprint: telechips/full_m801/m801:2.3.3/GRI40/20110516.110136:eng/test-keys

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry, I haven't heard of m801 model. But there is a Telechips forum area IIRIC. You can try looking/asking there. Or you can look for info related to 7022 since it also has a Telechips processor and OS 2.3. But, again IIRIC, Gingerbread needs a patch to enable 3G dongles: if you go to Settings -> Wireless & network settings and you don't see anything related to 3G then it's the case. :(

katish

Oct 3, 2011
I seem to keep coming back to you.. Bumping this thread cuz I got 3G enabled on my kyros and it was working with a minor glitch .. it connected and I was able to navigate even though android never saw the connection properly. It always just said "conecting" even though the connection was stablished and I could see the IP address and all.

But now, for some reason, it stoped working. It still connects, the light on the modem blinks and goes solid but android doesn't acknowledge this connection and therefore I can't navigate or do anything. any thoughts on this?

Many thanks,
Kat

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Bumping again as I'm still having problems with 3G... it used to work but now it doesn't anymore. I tried different roms with no luck... 3G connects (lights go solid) but android doesn't acknowledge the connection.. Considering that it worked at one time, I take it must be some sort of conflict? Would you advise going back to stock rom and test?

any help would be appreciated!

katish

Oct 3, 2011
Aw seriously?! No one?! No ideas whatsoever?! Would appreciate even if you could point me in the direction of someone else to ask laf.. The tablet without 3G is just useless to me :/

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Which ROM and modem are you using? If it's a custom ROM, did you installed it with the "3g_outlay" patch enabled?

There are tutorials elsewhere explaining how to use a 3G dongle (activate USB Host mode, add a 3G connection, etc). If your modem is old you may need to update its firmware and/or disable the virtual CDROM with drivers for desktop computers. Also disable SIM PIN if it has one...