kyros 8024 3g modem huawei e220

katish

Oct 3, 2011
@lfom, firstly thanks for your efforts.. but I guess I need to abuse you a little more :p Here felipedsmendes reports the same problem I am having.. It is definately not a ROM related issue though.. lemme give you details

1. Got 3g dongle working with stock froyo ROM and huawei E1553 usb stick claro apn - just had to set the 3g setting to "true" on init.smdkv210.rc file - only glitch is that android never showed "connected" on the apn list, it always showed "connecting" but I was able to navigate and do everything, I could see the connection details such as IP address and what not.

2. Flashed tablet with flxrms' 7024/8024 rom and dongle still worked..and then it stopped. for no apparent reason.

3. Flashed NefariousBread, 3g still doesn't work. Flashed back to stock rom, 3g still not working. Updated modem firmware, nothing.

USB host mode on, 3g enabled = true, apn created, modem connects - light goes solid blue but android doesn't see the connection.. It just shows "connecting" up untill I leave the 3g screen, then it shows "disconnected" even though the connection is clearly on. Cant browse or do anything.

This is driving me MAD cuz mom doesn't have wifi so without 3g it's worthless.. so please please PLEASE.. help?! :)

Last edited: