kyros 8024

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Hi Rickio, thanks for the info. Just a couple of questions: Did you use z4root on the 8024? It seems that most conversations on here are around the 7024. Also, the market that you got going, is it the full market with all apps? I was able to install the market using other recommended methods on here, but it certainly isn't the full one. A lot of stuff does not show up.

Google only shows what they think will work on your tablet. Some apps are for carrier base devices only

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I have Flash 10.3 and a working Netflix (watch LOTR #1 last night) both without Google Market and without any rooting on my 8024. Netflix complains that there is an app update but it works if I choose NOT to update (the update can't be found anyway). I got the Flash apk off the Adobe web site and Netflix from the xda web site.

com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk
Adobe_fLASH_Player_10.3.185.22.apk

(Still don't have Google market working BUT I do have Amazon and SlideMe. I can find most of what I want for now.)

rickio

May 14, 2011
I rooted 7024 and i seem to have full market. Some say google makes some apps device specific. Perhaps i have never encountrred that as far as i can tell on my other devices. I also got another no name generic tablet.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I rooted 7024 and i seem to have full market. Some say google makes some apps device specific. Perhaps i have never encountrred that as far as i can tell on my other devices. I also got another no name generic tablet.

Whats the benifits of rooting ur 7024? What extra can u do with it that cant be done without rooting?

rickio

May 14, 2011
I could not install google market till i used z4root. I tried 3 or 4 times. Was gonna giveup then rooted it and it worked. I am not sure if netflix works because its rooted but i dont want to revrrt it now to find out. Market is more covenient than hunting for apps.
I downloaded netlix from market and it updates and works so thats good enough for me.
Its also convenient to be able to tweak the system if its rooted.

Last edited:

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Where did u get ur z4root from? I have been reading many post about rooting the mid7024 an found no success. Ur the first so far

fthrdave

Jun 28, 2011
how did u get the app market and netflix to work, i tried to install app market, install failed. was able to install netflix but got incompatible device error when trying to watch

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
how did u get the app market and netflix to work, i tried to install app market, install failed. was able to install netflix but got incompatible device error when trying to watch
I'm not sure about app market. For Netflix, I had to install the (XDA)com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk. I had also installed Flash 10.3 but don't know if that is necessary. When I installed the com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk, it installed, logged on to my account, attempted to play, but never actually played. When I put the older version on, it worked. I ignored the update message as another mentioned in this or another forum. I'm watching it now on my 8024. I haven't stopped, closed, restarted yet. :confused:

Aug 4, 2011
Hello! Prompt few questions!
1 - found it possible to restore the system when it sletanii?
2 - Does anyone or where you can glance "insides" tablet photo, video, or who knows how to open the rear cover plate?
3 - tell me who has a number and date of the firmware, is there a new firmware the manufacturer's site (after May)?
4 - who does what Ruthie

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
I see that Barnes and Noble sells the Kyros 8024, but I can't get my magazines to open through the Nook app. I can access them (all magazines are available since the latest update) through my faked out Eclair 2.1 on my white Pandigital novel. Has anyone been able to read Nook magazines on the Kyros 8024?

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
I have got to say, after one month of heavy usage of the kyros 8024 that is one ****ty tablet ! Honestly not worht, even for the low price. My reasons are as follows :the single most annoying feature is the lagging, near impossible to use keyboard. I have three other android devices so i know how to use it, and it is so hard to type a single word right that i've lost all patience with it. whether you long click, short click, use your finger, your nail, the provided stylus, whether you try the center or a corner of a letter you just cannot type without having the secundary menu (long press menu) pop up (eg if you press "e" you get 3éèê etc). second annoyance are the buttons : no matter how you hold the tablet you are bound to push on the browser button which interrupts whatever you are doing etc. i've had to glue a thick felt piece on the button in order to disable it. the other buttons are less of a problem i find. the screen and the battery are below par, so really if you have the choice... go for archos or another similarly priced tablet. very disappointed :(

coyle1010

Aug 18, 2011
I have coby 8024 and love it... Also flash 10.3 runs perfect..... I have put alot of stuff in mine like android market, netflix and paltalk all run perfect 8024 is the way to go.....

Hey if you have done all that yourself could you write up some instructions I would love the android market I am new to this android stuff but am a quick learner so if you would start off by dumbing down any directions I will try and follow them and am sure i will be able to get up to speed quickly