kyros 8024

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
yves - I have not had lagging problems often on the 8024. When I do 'Watch Dog' helps find the app taking all the CPU time. It is often e-mail trying to synch when I don't have a near by WiFi. E-mail will take 30%-50% of CPU and case noticeable lag. Also I have not had trouble with the keyboard either except it requires a firm tap. Maybe the lag is causing the key board problems??

The keys can be a pain...when I use Dolpin HD I just put the keys at the top. I do agree that the screen was a disappoint BUT I got the 8024 to lean something about Android and just to play around with. Works OK for me now BUT I will upgrade in a year or so.

coyle1010

Aug 18, 2011
Any owner if you care to share thoughts and how this thing is? Battery life, video performance etc..

Thanks
...I just got this in the mail 3 days ago and have been on the android crash course .I have a sick laptop and an I4 so i really didnt wanna spend alot of cash for a tablet(ipad) and i wanted to get some experience on the android OS so I bought 2 1 for me and 1 for the wife I have used it alot in the last few days the battery is ok I get like 2-3 hours of heavy use with the bright screen if I go medium(the Least I will use) I get like 4 hours The display is good dont listen to the haters its quite good for video and games and the book reader is fine too (indoors) I will say the processing power is lacking a little speed it stutters when streaming movies (so far I am gonna try different players when I root it) the touch screen takes some getting used to especially going from the I4 but its functional but it is a little slow ,I HATE ...HATE the buttons soft keys whatever there called on the bottom by the home button they need a disable option.I hit them constantly it stops movies ruins games and kills the ram makes every thing slower I will find a way ..The camera is crap dont even open it end of subject ,the apps store sucks because it gives you options you cant even use so a root is in my near future or at the least some way to install the andmarket and flash I am working on that now.the wifi works but lacks real range if your not close the speed drops alot.the sound is ok but also not great .over all you sort of get what you pay for its fun but could be better in alot of areas for $150 I will keep it to learn about android its function-able and after I get some more apps and maybe root it I will rereview it if it gets better if not oh well I will sell it on the CL or ebay in a few months but for now its fun to play with and in my opinion its worth the amount paid if you have and easy detailed instruction on rooting or getting the market on here hit me up please
Update
I only have a 7 day window on returns on this thing so I am sending them back dont wanna get stuck with 2 of these I got the market I got flash going its very easy to use the ANDROID system but I hate these soft keys and the keyboard hangs alot while browsing and a few other things plus I was at best buy today and got 2 hp touchpads for $100 each cant beat that good luck all the same I am sure some love the little quirkyness of this unit but its not for me I would have kept it if it had just one thing different the touch screen I want iphone smoothness i dont wanna have to beat it up to make it type and swipe etc but I am sure some like that I will try android again just with a little nicer system

Last edited:

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
@coyle1010,
If you haven't found Market, yet, go here. Find Non root method from soccerref111. I used this and it works. I've even applied the latest market app, and it still works. All were side-loaded. I had to run factory reset at one point so when I tried the Market apps again, I just ignored the location app--the one that doesn't install. The first time I tried to access Market, I couldn't so I went to the accounts and sync settings and added my Google account. Then Market was accessible. YMMV. After you get Market, you can install Flash 3 from there. Netflix is even easier than Market, if you're interested. Choose mediaclient-2. The newest one on XDA, mediaclient-1, didn't work for me. I haven't had any stutter problems with Netflix or Youtube. I have a lot of movies I'd converted to mp4 for my Pandigital Novel, but still have audio/video sync issues on this tablet even after reconverting. Probably the conversion. I totally agree with you on the "soft buttons." I've trained myself to avoid all but the browser. If I ever decide to root, that one's gonna be disabled, if at all possible. My wifi is pretty good. I can go outside with very little drop in speed as per speedtest.net app. My service only gives me 20/4 Mb/s. On Kyros 8024 I get 12/4. 11/4 outside.

Aug 4, 2011
Where if I may ask you send the instructions for the 8024? Give a link or describe here!
Thanks in advance!

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Can someone post the launcher app from their 8024 I accidently deleted mine. I downloaded a different one from the market but it force closes when I hit the home button. Also the one from the 7015 doesn't work well with the resolution on the 8024. Thanks in advance

Aug 4, 2011
Hi everyone! Prompt here in this issue - in 8024, I activated the usb - bluetooth adapter, and it earned him seen by other phones and smartphones, and it is their way, but I do not know and I can not transfer files from your phone on the flatbed and the back can not connect to a PDA (but they see each other). What should sdelat that would become the BT to work "with full force"?

returnpath

Sep 4, 2011
Youtube has some videos on how to root your coby, and also how to add flash. I bought 2 10 inch Coby's (1024) for my kids
and now one of them won't completely power up. It will show the Coby name for about 10 seconds and then turns off.
Has anyone experienced this before? they are only two weeks old.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Youtube has some videos on how to root your coby, and also how to add flash. I bought 2 10 inch Coby's (1024) for my kids
and now one of them won't completely power up. It will show the Coby name for about 10 seconds and then turns off.
Has anyone experienced this before? they are only two weeks old.

Sounds like you soft bricked the second one take it back if you can.
if you didn't alter your recovery image a reset may fix it....

Last edited:

SampNeves

Sep 30, 2011
Can someone post the launcher app from their 8024 I accidently deleted mine. I downloaded a different one from the market but it force closes when I hit the home button. Also the one from the 7015 doesn't work well with the resolution on the 8024. Thanks in advance

You can take it out the official firmware that is on the cobyusa site. Have you tried that?

Ilson

Oct 10, 2011
Hi everyone! I just got my new 8024 and after 3-4 hours with it Iam already dissapointed. The screen isnt very sensitive and it systematically stop responding to my touches. So I need to reset it. The big problem is that Iam from Bulgaria so I cant use my warrenty for USA. Any ideas what might to be the problem ? Maybe some hardware parts (the connector of the screen) is now well connected to the main body...

rhea

Aug 18, 2011
Hi everyone! I just got my new 8024 and after 3-4 hours with it Iam already dissapointed. The screen isnt very sensitive and it systematically stop responding to my touches. So I need to reset it. The big problem is that Iam from Bulgaria so I cant use my warrenty for USA. Any ideas what might to be the problem ? Maybe some hardware parts (the connector of the screen) is now well connected to the main body...
are you using the stylus? it does take a fingernail or stylus for the resistive screen. you can also recalibrate but that does not affect the pressure needed. you can do a factory reset or reflash the rom if you think it is software.

yves.alexis

Jul 9, 2011
I have got to say, after one month of heavy usage of the kyros 8024 that is one ****ty tablet ! Honestly not worht, even for the low price. My reasons are as follows :the single most annoying feature is the lagging, near impossible to use keyboard. I have three other android devices so i know how to use it, and it is so hard to type a single word right that i've lost all patience with it. whether you long click, short click, use your finger, your nail, the provided stylus, whether you try the center or a corner of a letter you just cannot type without having the secundary menu (long press menu) pop up (eg if you press "e" you get 3éèê etc). second annoyance are the buttons : no matter how you hold the tablet you are bound to push on the browser button which interrupts whatever you are doing etc. i've had to glue a thick felt piece on the button in order to disable it. the other buttons are less of a problem i find. the screen and the battery are below par, so really if you have the choice... go for archos or another similarly priced tablet. very disappointed :(

I have rooted my tablet this week and updated the stock froyo with Nefirim's Gingerbread ROM (to be found on this forum) and I must say mY Coby has gotten a new life : way faster, better battery life, no more keyboard lags, much more disk space for applications, all software i have installed work well including video calls with skype. Really, Coby should seriously think about updating their products with a more stable version of android. I hated my Coby, and I love it now !!

gigex

Oct 26, 2011
Hello, i got my alldro2 (romanian ver of 8024) for a week and it's good. I had expected less from 200$ device but as with my lg p500 phone the Android works miracles. One problem (my bad) i updated it to official 2.3 romanian rom and i can't root it. Any ideas? I specially like the res touch, because it's more precise than cap(lg has cap touch) i don't miss the frustration of clicking an ad instead of a link... By.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hello, i got my alldro2 (romanian ver of 8024) for a week and it's good. I had expected less from 200$ device but as with my lg p500 phone the Android works miracles. One problem (my bad) i updated it to official 2.3 romanian rom and i can't root it. Any ideas? I specially like the res touch, because it's more precise than cap(lg has cap touch) i don't miss the frustration of clicking an ad instead of a link... By.

The easiest way to root is simply installing a patch during ROM update. There are some CFW for 8024 based on AllDro2 2.3 firmware, ready with root and Market. You can look in those threads and get the firmware and add the patch to the official firmware, or look for steev's tips about rooting in the thread about 2.3 for 7024. IIRIC he created a small script for rooting, and then the patch for CFW.