Kyros Battery Life (Potential Issue?)

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
I just got my Kryos 8120 in the mail and it seems ok so far. My only concern is that the battery life this first run was kind of abyssmal, though I only let it get to 99% initial charge before I tried to install my stuff because I was so anxious to make sure I could get it working. Right now, just using like 5 minutes of netflix and the rest being just browsing and using comic reader apps, im at like 35% battery after an hour! Not sure how some people are testing these long times. Maybe I need a few charges before it reaches optimal length?

How are the rest of yours performing and what do you guys think is reasonable for me to expect? I saw a review that said about 3 hours and thats what I was expecting.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Cactus

Odd_Bob

Dec 18, 2011
I did about 3 1/2 hours of watching videos last night, with wifi off and brightness at minimum and headphones. My battery said 35% by the time I was done.

Edit: Should have mentioned that this was a MID 7127.

ericw33

Dec 30, 2011
Check the manual for estimated times. If it's far shorter you may have a defective unit.

(Per manual)
The MID 1125-4G is good for about 6 hours web browsing; 5.5 hours video; 13.5 hours music

The MID8125 is good for about 5 hours web browsing; 3 hours video; 15 hours of music.

Also use a task manager/battery optimizer to see if any apps are killing the battery.

I use battery packs to run longer. On one I ran it at night, over night and into the next morning and the external battery was only down about 25% (the internal was still at 100%). Other battery packs add less time. I ran a Coleman Enerpack (CPX) today with a small lead acid cell - I ran 7 am to noon and the internal battery was at 52%. It only handles 500 mAH (0.5 a @ 5 VDC). The adapter for the MID1125-4G is 3 A @ 12 VDC so the battery may have run down due to insufficient current rather than the energy of the battery.

I would think at least 4 hours web browsing - anything less and there is something wrong (not sure on your model what the manual states).

EW

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks! I didnt notice this in the manual but Im going to check it over in detail. I'm around 2 hours now and its actually hung at around 30/35% so Im not sure. It definitely hasnt been going down as fast as it did above 40%. I'm not sure if its just a defective sensor right now until it gets a few charges...I saw some people are doing some kind of weird reset to get reset the meter to work well. Ive still only done about 5 minutes of video, the rest has been mostly browsing and installing apps and whatnot.

Thanks a bunch for the responses. Is it likely that it takes a few charges to accurately depict battery life? I saw some folks who swore by a battery life app but i havent found one.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks! I didnt notice this in the manual but Im going to check it over in detail. I'm around 2 hours now and its actually hung at around 30/35% so Im not sure. It definitely hasnt been going down as fast as it did above 40%. I'm not sure if its just a defective sensor right now until it gets a few charges...I saw some people are doing some kind of weird reset to get reset the meter to work well. Ive still only done about 5 minutes of video, the rest has been mostly browsing and installing apps and whatnot.

Thanks a bunch for the responses. Is it likely that it takes a few charges to accurately depict battery life? I saw some folks who swore by a battery life app but i havent found one.

Try lookong for battery calibrator on Market or Google. What you can also do is do a couple of cycle charges at least 12 hours off, then power up the pad, loop a movie then let the pad run dead. After a couple of cycles charge one more time power up then delete the batterystats.bin and reboot. Run the pad like normal and the meter should be fine.

Sent from my Kyros 1024_N using Android Tablet Forum

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
Wow thanks for the tips. Do you think I did any damage but not charging for a dozen hours before using it for the first time? I know some devices suggest you charge them way longer than when it says "charged" in order to get the most life out of it but I was too excited to try and find out if android market and such worked well!

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
I was looking into what you said and I'm not sure..how do I access the batterystats.bin? I was looking around in the ES files thing but I didnt see it, though I could have been missing it. The battery calibrator programs say I need to be rooted but I've never done a root before so Im not entirely sure how to go about doing it. After charging the thing all night with it off, when I pull it off the charger and start using it it says about 80%. However, yesterday, it stuck at around 35% for two hours. I did end up getting the 4 hours of battery life usage out of it though, so Im not entirely sure theres an issue...it just might be an issue with the indicator.

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
I was looking into what you said and I'm not sure..how do I access the batterystats.bin? I was looking around in the ES files thing but I didnt see it, though I could have been missing it. The battery calibrator programs say I need to be rooted but I've never done a root before so Im not entirely sure how to go about doing it. After charging the thing all night with it off, when I pull it off the charger and start using it it says about 80%. However, yesterday, it stuck at around 35% for two hours. I did end up getting the 4 hours of battery life usage out of it though, so Im not entirely sure theres an issue...it just might be an issue with the indicator.

You have to be rooted. SuperOneClick should root you tablet. Google or search for it here. You will need to install the Android SDK USB drivers to connect through your PC.

Cactusgod

Jan 4, 2012
Oh I see. Thanks. Im extremely nervous to do it. This battery indicator problem is SUPER annoying, but everything else about the Tablet is cool. Ugh..decisions decisions