Kyros Car Charger?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
carma42,
From an Amazon product (Gomadic) looks like the Kindle1 charger is 1A not 2A. It might charge slower and risk heating up in the process. I don't doubt it working though.
Who made your charger and what is the output current?

carma42

Feb 13, 2011
Not sure. It came from ebay but it says 2 amp right on the charger and that was what I made sure of when I was looking on the listings. I had to email a couple seller s and ask until I found one. cheap cheap though and mine charges just as fast as the stock a/c charger. No heat.

worm9110

Feb 20, 2011
Use the home charger plugged into a cheap 50-100 lighter plug inverter. These switching power supplies handle inverter AC just fine. If you don't want to move the power supply back and forth then get one of these and change the plug to one that matches the Coby.

Amazon.com: AF1805-A 5V 2.5A SWITCHING AC ADAPTER for D-LINK: Electronics

Popeye, already have an inverter but would like a car charger since I have 3 MID7015As to power on long vacation drives for kids. Less wires if I don't have to plug into inverter so I'm trying to avoid that route if possible.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Guess I don't understand exactly as three lighter plug adapters is a bunch of wires also. A short extension cord plugged into the inverter would be one wire with three or four outlets on the other end to plug regular chargers into. No? Again maybe I don't quite understand what you're trying to do.

UPDATE: These satellite radio adapter pump out at least 1.5A at 5.2V id you're dead set on a lighter plug supply.

http://www.amazon.com/SIRIUS-RADIO-CIGARETTE-LIGHTER-ADAPTER/dp/B001OXZ1IS/ref=pd_cp_e_3

Last edited:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Wanted to add for others who may be reading this thread: NEVER use a transformer type power supply with an inverter, both will more than likely fry along with whatever you have attached to the power supply. Kind of a 3 for 1 destruction deal.
You can tell a transformer power supply because it doesn't say 'switching' on it and says 60hz only instead of 50/60hz, plus they are much heavier. Some folks may not be aware of this and would hate to see them smoke their Coby.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
This here is interesting, if a function is really handy, since you need a car charger and even an extra outlet. Whoever buys the first test and post the results here.
$72154_350.jpg
$72154_5_s.jpg

10-In-1 USB Charging Cable with Car Charger and EU Plug for All iPod / iPhone 2G / 3G / 3GS / PSP / Motorola / Nokia / Sony Ericsson / SamSung / LG $6.11 Free Shipping

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
The 10-in-1 USB cable might be worth it. The chargers are both only 1A, the Coby wants 2A. But that 10-in-1 might be usable with a stronger USB charger, like for an iPAD.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
I served then it is worth having this connector kit and find a car charger with USB at least 2A. Know any?

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I bought the one I mention in Post #12, it's 2.1Amp and has worked fine.
I made by own cable for USB to Coby Power Pin

worm9110

Feb 20, 2011
Emmerick,

let me know your results if you go this route. i am looking for the same solution as you.

emmerick

Mar 14, 2011
Ok friend, probably will take to get here because I'm from Brazil, so they get more and I will test post here