KYROS MID 1024 RomDump and System Files

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Here is a DD Rom dump for the Kyros 1024 and I also pulled the system files.
edit: 9/15/2011 Coby has released an Official Update to the Mid1024

RomDump
System_Files

Official Update.zip

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thanks. These files can be used as some kind of recovery, until Coby releases the official firmware?

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
Anybody with a brick 1024 want to try?

stock uboot.bin of official kyros 8024 can be edited to work with 7024. If your going to use it for 7024 lcd and camera orientation value should be change via hex edit. I have a dmegs of a 1024 tablet and the lcd value is lp101. Im not sure if changing the value at uboot.bin for 1024 will work but if your tablet is brick you might want to try this.

Open up uboot.bin of the ofiicial 8024 firmware using Hex editor. Search and replace

LCD value of
8024 UT08
7024 UT07
1024 LP101

Orientation for camera must be change to X from Y

After that open up patch.patch_sd_path_extsd and create a UTMODULES folder and copy the UTModules provided by CrashAngel.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3723737173/utmodules_1024.rar

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
IMHO, you REALLY have to take the back off. the internal memory pops out of its holder. it is/was in the corner under a piece of black tape. several threads have pictures. well, it might even be video to watch on utube. do you have a rubber suchion cup ? ? ? . you have to be SUPER patient and slow because there is double stick tape ALL around . . .

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
IMHO, you REALLY have to take the back off. the internal memory pops out of its holder. it is/was in the corner under a piece of black tape. several threads have pictures. well, it might even be video to watch on utube. do you have a rubber suchion cup ? ? ? . you have to be SUPER patient and slow because there is double stick tape ALL around . . .

The internal SD has nothing to do with the booting of the tablet or where the "real" system files are. All of that is stored in an internal 1GB ROM thingy soldered to the board. On Android phones like the DroidX you can access this boot area with a series of button holds in order to flash SBF files to un-brick phones. I have yet to find any series of buttons that would do that for the Kyros 1024 (expect for power and the home key...but that only runs the recovery that is on the ROM thingy...if you over wrote that, like I did...then you're bricked!)

If only there was an easy flash solution like there is on some phones.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Coby has released an Official Update for the Mid 1024 Tablet. You can find it on their site

aggie1138

Sep 10, 2011
Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!

icecold

Nov 2, 2011
Ok so only 2 files were corrupt...they were the zimage files which I got from the other firmware 8024. Loaded it on the external SD and turned on the tablet...BAM! It WORKED! No more brick.

So I am sharing

mid_1024n_2011_05_24.rar

That is for MID1024...it worked for me!

how did you upload it? every time I try, the installation keeps aborting. is there a specific way to upload it? and I have the mid1126, but Coby keeps telling me that it has the same firmware as the 1024

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
how did you upload it? every time I try, the installation keeps aborting. is there a specific way to upload it? and I have the mid1126, but Coby keeps telling me that it has the same firmware as the 1024

This won't work. 1126 uses a different CPU (Telechips), same as 1125 or 7022.

Nov 10, 2011
Hi !
I'm interested in knowing how you managed to extract the firmware ? I have applied a COBY MID1024 ROM on a MPMAN 1027 which basicly is a rebranded MID1024. Everything works but there a annoying sound when I activate the wifi, as if I could hear the packets...
But I know other people that have the same tablet (it was sold with interesting price in France) and I would like to extract their ROM and apply it to my tablet.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi !
I'm interested in knowing how you managed to extract the firmware ? I have applied a COBY MID1024 ROM on a MPMAN 1027 which basicly is a rebranded MID1024. Everything works but there a annoying sound when I activate the wifi, as if I could hear the packets...
But I know other people that have the same tablet (it was sold with interesting price in France) and I would like to extract their ROM and apply it to my tablet.

Probably something like this was used:
HOWTO: Unpack, Edit, and Re-Pack Boot Images - Android Wiki

But even if you can get these files, you can't use them to restore your original firmware using the normal "update" method. A lot of work is needed to create a "installable" ROM.

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011
Well this thread is quite outdated it was before coby released their official firmware(ofw) and really the only useful thing are the system files. But in order to dump the firmware you need to know linux command "dd" here is the thread I used to extract the files
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ical/20890-mid8024-partition-information.html

additionally if you just want to back up your system files then you can just use this command in adb or from the terminal on your tablet
# pull /system ./system
this will create a folder called System and will copy all the files from your system folder of your tablet to that folder.

jamey15

Nov 17, 2011
Do u enjoy the 1126...How well does it produce photos.Is screen sharp and clear??? I am looking to purchase the 1125!!Jamey15