Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

kitty777

Jan 8, 2011
I know this is not a reply, but a call for help. My Kryos 7005 stopped showing video in youtube. Says loading video, then get sound but no video of the youtube program that is running. What happened? It will play the video on the tv through the hdmi but will not show video on the tablet? I could sure use some help

PHorrall

Jan 12, 2011
Jason this information is way over my head, but I printed anyway. I have been fooling around with my Kyros 7015 and am having trouble downloading a simple scrabble game. I just trying to drag and drop in my SD card. Can you help me?

armenws

Jan 17, 2011
win 7 64bit

also stalled at USB driver update. SDK is updated, all parts downloaded...

usbissue.jpg

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
I was having issues getting this to work properly, and I am good when it comes to programming and all. I looked around and ran through some other forums and found similar posts. I posted here in this forum for another issue that I was trying to overcome and was pointed to this;

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

This is simple and worked in about 30 minutes and added all Google apps and market to my Kyros. I hope that it helps all that were having issues too.

jvanhare

Dec 12, 2010
Does this still work on the newest version of the MID7015 shipping with the newest version of 2.1 update 1 preinistalled? I have had the tablet 2 days now and got some apps from appslib, and some from getjar.com, some apps work, some don't. I have most of what I use installed from various sources already, but I am going to go get a micro SD card with adapter (hopefully) somewhere in town today. I got my notebook computer (Vista) to connect to my Kyros with this: Android ADB 32-bit USB Drivers for XP, Vista, 7 plus downloading the https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...iewFilteredProducts-SingleVariationTypeFilter (Java SE Development Kit 6u22 for Windows) and Android SDK | Android Developers (Android SDK) I noticed if you charge it overnight with the screen shutoff, it locks up and has to be reset with a paperclip on the back of the tablet, so I am thinking it should be charged while shut completely off. I am wondering how many of these were returned needlessly because of this "feature" Also the keyboard locks up if you type too long of a message here on the forum. I installed Dolphin browser, since the inadvertent zooming in and out gets annoying with the browser it ships with.

mjordan

Jan 11, 2011
This worked on my MID7015, it came with the Update from Cobyusa.com already current. I used the alternate version, installing clockworkmod on the tablet itself from a terminal emulator, worked great, took about 15 minutes.

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
I have had no charging issues, but various issues with the keyboard sticking and not opening. If you want an easy way to add the market and not have to deal with all the other that you mentioned, follow this setup here, simple and takes about 30 minutes.

ALTERNATE (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY) GUIDE FOR ROOTING AND GOOGLE MARKET INSTALL ON WINDOWS - NO SPECIAL DRIVERS OR ADB COMMANDS NEEDED

I had issues with this setp;

PART 5: USING A TERMINAL APP ON THE KYROS

1. First we need to download and install our Terminal Emulator. Open AppsLib from the home screen on the tablet. Press the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner to bring up the Search box. In the search box, type Terminal Emulator and press search. When the results come up, scroll down until you find Terminal Emulator by Jack Palevich. Install this app. Close AppsLib.

2. Drag open your applications menu and start Terminal Emulator. You should see a blue screen with a command prompt. If the touch keyboard is not already visible on the screen, press the menu button on the tablet and click "Toggle Soft Keyboard" to bring it up. Now we need to type some terminal commands:

type su followed by a return

(NOTE: After you do this su command, the prompt should change from a $ to a # and you may get a message about superuser. This lets you know that you now are in root mode.)

type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img followed by a return
type reboot recovery followed by a return

3. The tablet should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery menu. Now all we need to do is create a backup and install the Google Experience!

But then further down the thread found this fix;

I got it now> cool
icon_cheers.png

It was the space in the term
you all did not tell us it had to have them to work.
icon_sad.gif

I found it on a diff forum. The red is what you type.
$ su enter
==space===================space
====|=========================|
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install recovery.sh.bak enter
=
=============space

==================|
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img enter

# reboot recovery enter

$ type su then enter
the $ will change to # if you accp. the su
then type mv space then /system/ect/install-recover.sh /system/ect/install-recovery.sh.bak then enter. you must have a space between mv and /system. this is to make the recovery stick.
Then type flash_image recovery space /sdcard/recovery.img then enter. It has to have the space between flash_image recovery and /sdcard.
and it will take alittle bit for the # to come up.
then type reboot recovery.
It should reboot into clockw.
Hope this works it did for me it all works cool.
Now if we can find a fix for angry birds. with the words not working with the white boxes.

I now have the Google Experience on my Kyros, and everything works great!!

jvanhare

Dec 12, 2010
Mine didn't find flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img but when I changed the path to
flash_image recovery /nand/recovery.img
it worked fine, did a complete backup, installed Market and everything. When i saw that touch the android screen I knew it was all good!
Any great apps to recommend?

VanCan

Jan 20, 2011
win 7 64bit

also stalled at USB driver update. SDK is updated, all parts downloaded...

I also had problems with Win 7 64bit. After a little experimentation, I got it working.

The issue with the usb_driver is that you must edit the android_winusb.inf file by hand. The pre-edited file is from an older version of the SDK and thus does not match the file names for the DLLs included with the current SDK. If you made the changes as directed on the first post, you should have no problems getting Windows to recognize the driver.

Once you get by this step and proceed to running ADB, go to the platform-tools folder instead of the tools folder as that is where ADB is located in the new SDK.

Hope this helps.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
For those that installed the SDK Manager under Windows 7 64 bit, I need some help.
When I launch SDK Manager, I get a dialog box about the path being wrong to Java.exe
Java is definitely installed and I follow the instructions to force the path but this does not work. There are a few topics on this on the WEB about SDK and win 64 but so far no luck.

Anyone have some Ideas? This is not about the USB drivers as I haven't even got that far. (tablet rooted though using the simpler approach elsewhere)
Thanks

mookzilla101

Jan 5, 2011
hey guys quick question. im backing up my tablet using clockwork and it says

Backing up boot...
Backing up recovery...
backing up system...
Backing up data...
dalvik-cache

its been like that for about 20 minutes. is it supposed to take this long nd what should i do?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
shouldn't take that long...5-8 minutes tops I believe.
Can you power it down and then boot into CWM?

willber

Jan 9, 2011
No experience with that forced boot. You are only in a backup mode so CWM was only saving a backup of what you had.
So no files should be corrupted. I don't see why this would be a problem.
But I have never had this situation.