Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

stargiss

Mar 6, 2011
I've been working on this for the past 7 hours and I've done everything I can think of and everything I've read in here and still I don't see the USB_Driver folder! I'm really getting frustrated here. Does anyone know what's the deal? This is really driving me crazy!

Got it rooted in a few seconds...NP! But there's no USB_Driver folder anywhere.

kisserss

Mar 14, 2011
Hi, sorry for my English, I'm from Argentina. I'm always stuck at this step:

Kyros Your tablet will reboot. Then Mod Clockwork Recovery will load.
When ClockworkMod Navigating Through Recovery, Are the keys here:

Home is down
Menu is select
Back is back

11. Until Press the Home button backup and restore is Highlighted and press Menu.

I only see this screen:

Android system recovery <2e>
Android system recovery utility

With these options

reboot system now
Apply sdcard: update.zip
Wipe data / factory reset
wipe partition cache
fist logo change
second change logo

But I do not see the option Backup

Can anyone help?

Thanks anyway

elecomm

Mar 18, 2011
I can not find any copy of flash_image. The posted link
has been disabled. Can anybody help with a copy?
Bruce

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
My dropbox had been disabled because my stuff is too popular... I'm going too try to find some other free file hosting that is not like rapidshare and others like it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

extremenoobie

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks apr2499 for the reply and quick help. I followed the instruction and was able to execute the command till Type adb reboot recovery and press enter. When the unit went to recovery mode, it is not responding to the buttons and stuck at first option "reboot the device". It stays till 5 minutes and get turned-off automatically. What wrong I am doing here. The tablet is currently in Airplane mode.

Firmware Version 2.1-udpate 1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@lcoalhost#149
Build number: MID7005 1.1

by any chance do you have original recovery.img for this one?

Update:

I used the following Clockmod recovery image and got resolved the button issues. This worked great. Your instruction is excellent for installing rest of the google apps. Thanks for posting.

7005 or X5A Recovery Image
I'm looking for someone to guide me throught he processof getting my tablet (Coby Kyros) installed with clockworkworkmod recovery, terminal emulater and google apps. I have it rooted and updated with update.zip from their web site. I have been at this for over a week and tire of youtube videos!!

indiebudget

Mar 25, 2011
Ok am I dense or what.. trying t root my new MID-7015 and first thing..cannot get firmware update off Coby website.. I go to MID-7015 main product page COBY - Kyros&#8482; Internet Touchscreen Tablet and NO link for UPDATE.ZIP .. there is a link on the right for FAQ .. the FAQ says go to the main product page for the UPDATE.ZIP. Circle Jerk fiasco

I go to the Driver downloads for MID-7015 and all I find is

..what gives ????

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
You have to open the instructional video. The link is at the bottom of the video window.

Sent from my HT_PAD1051 using Tapatalk

paintgod

Mar 25, 2011
I just ordered the Coby Kyros 7015. This is my first tablet I do alot of outside sales and want to use the stylus for order taking does the tablet come with this program already in it (something like microsoft word) or do i need to get an app for it. Does not have to be a special program just something simple for note taking.
Thanks

TOPDAWGNDN

Mar 27, 2011
Ok so I am thoroughly confused can someone please hold my hand through this process. I want to download the google market on my new Coby. Please help.

nathan112299

Mar 29, 2011
@ demo1962
had same problem,this is what i did, when typing
cd\android-sdk-windows\tools
do this:
When in a command prompt, type these commands
cd C:\
cd android-sdk-windows
cd platform-tools
Type: adb shell and press enter.
Type: su and press enter.
Type: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and press enter.
Press and hold the CTRL button, then press C.
Type: adb reboot recovery and press enter.
10. Your Kyros tablet will reboot. Clockwork Mod Recovery will then load.
I have done this too.. but my problem is that when i type su... it says permission denied.. can you help me... any one.... thank you very much.
i also did the adb kill-server and adb start-server... but still when su is typed it says permission denied.

antkristi

Apr 5, 2011
Hi I have the mid 7015 coby kros & the only thing that I have been able to do is the update.zip, otherwise I cannot root it, can't clockworkmod or any of that stuff, I'm really really frustrated, because I want to be able to download apps. on it & I can, right now I feel like it is a useless paperweight, if anyone out there can walk me through the steps, that would be greatly appreciated, like if I have to do it from another computer & then save it on the SD card, actually I need help from A to Z!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!:eek:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Hi I have the mid 7015 coby kros & the only thing that I have been able to do is the update.zip, otherwise I cannot root it, can't clockworkmod or any of that stuff, I'm really really frustrated, because I want to be able to download apps. on it & I can, right now I feel like it is a useless paperweight, if anyone out there can walk me through the steps, that would be greatly appreciated, like if I have to do it from another computer & then save it on the SD card, actually I need help from A to Z!

Thanks in advance for any advice!!:eek:

You really should just follow the steps here in the first post, it is pretty straight forward: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ace-using-update-7015a-step-step-process.html

Get all your downloads first then just go for it. I posted some alternate download links on the last page. We will be glad to help if you run into a problem. It is quite difficult to brick this device short of a hardware failure. Just read through the steps and do a dry run first. Make sure you understand what is being done.