Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

kingleroy5

Apr 7, 2011
I still cannot root my MID7005!!!

I get to
type flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img followed by a return
type reboot recovery followed by a return

The tablet should now reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery menu.

My tablet turns off and does not reboot. I'm using the recovery.img for the 7005 and everything. I'm bummed, please help.

Update: had to hold the Back and Power button to get into ClockworkMod.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2011
Cant get the clockwork rec. to flash, cause i followed everything down word by word, still getting the file_image: not found =[ and ive reformated my sd card and what not reading everyones post and still nothing...

psphacker06

Mar 14, 2011
Cant get the clockwork rec. to flash, cause i followed everything down word by word, still getting the file_image: not found =[ and ive reformated my sd card and what not reading everyones post and still nothing...

When u downloaded the flash_image.zip, did u extract it? Because you have to extract it with winrar and then get the flash_image.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011

Also make sure you use the correct flash_image command file. There are different ones out there that the Coby doesn't like. Try this one: 2shared - download flash_image

It seems to like the ~9kb one and not the ~17kb one.

RBurgette

Nov 9, 2010
I have a MID 7015. It came with the folding case. There is an opening on the back of the case and showing under it, and especially when you remove it from the case is an 11 pin socket. I have been unable to find out it's purpose. I don't want to pay Teck Support. Can anyone tell me what it's purpose is and how to use it if it is good for anything. Thanks for any help.

akoposilester

Jun 6, 2011
im a new user of 7015. how can i make this faster. ummm i mean what will i do. im a newbie in this kind of filed (android) is there a link for ways or guide for it? thanks!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I have a MID 7015. It came with the folding case. There is an opening on the back of the case and showing under it, and especially when you remove it from the case is an 11 pin socket. I have been unable to find out it's purpose. I don't want to pay Teck Support. Can anyone tell me what it's purpose is and how to use it if it is good for anything. Thanks for any help.

That's not a socket it is the speaker screen.

Apr 28, 2011
akoposilester,

there is many ways to make the 7015 faster. One is to download tipstir's HC B22 ROM. There is also ways in the instructions for it to make it even faster than it already is stock.

And to even make it faster, you could flash to GB 2.3.

If you want to do any of these, read the sticky threads in the technical page for the Kyros.

I am running HC B22 and I think it is way faster than the stock.

lhomme

Jun 7, 2011
Hi all I am new to this site and forum. I have 7015 which I upgraded to 7015a, rooted and installed Google's Android Market following these instructions...and it worked... albeit I had to try it a few times...please click on the following link if you are interested. Coby Kyros 7015A – Root and Add Google Apps « Caleb Fultz

But I want to go further...I want to upgrade to at least 2.2 so I can get flash. tvfull.com is a cool sight and they have quite a selection of free tv...but I can not play it on the 7015

ls

Apr 28, 2011
If you want 2.2, the only available thing after 2.1, is gingerbread 2.3, and a work in progress HC hybrid(beyond 2.3). If you are new and do not kno what you are doing with android, I do not recommend you trying to do this, it may be way too confusing for you and you may brick your tablet. If you rooted, I recommend the HC V15.0-B22 ROM. It is a ROM from tipstir,( who is very popular within this forum if you have not heard of him already) It is much faster than the stock ROM. Just find the sticky thread explaining about how to get it.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
snap20110609133231.png

snap20110609133246.png

theres also android 2.3.4 =P

loganlovesme

Jun 10, 2011
When u downloaded the flash_image.zip, did u extract it? Because you have to extract it with winrar and then get the flash_image.

Maybe I am missing something, but when I 'right click' on the flash_image to get the "extract" options. There are not any options for extract.

I have read thru countless posts, and tried everything I have seen but I continue to get the file_image: file not found. I followed the youtube video and can not get past this step... I saw this post about extracting the file_image and there doesn't seem to be anything to extract...any ideas?

akoposilester

Jun 6, 2011
hi everybody, i finally upgreded from stock to 2.3
i have a few questions

1) how can i free some internal memory?
2) how can i stop applications from unnecessary opening what i mean is gmail, maps, etc always keeps on running on the background even i didnt open them up. then i used advance task killer to kill the tapps but still after a few minutes the keep on appearing

thanks!