Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

Roberockz

Dec 20, 2010
anyone know why i only get the triangle exclamation mark and the lil dude after the clockworkmod setup? no menu no nuttin...FRUSTRATED. Been doin this all day. somethings gotta give.

Nextasy

Dec 20, 2010
man I was getting this error and had no idea how I finally got it to work. After 2 1/2 weeks of messing with this I finally got android Market to work. I got stuck on this step on installing google marketplace: 6. Type adb reboot recovery and press enter. 7. It will boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery menu.

the menu would only see update.zip for some reason I just kept trying different things and the finaly time it went to ClockworkMod Recovery menu it finally let me physically choose the gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zip then installed it and then reset my Kyros.

once I reset it this little android menu came up and told me to press on him. And after this you sign into your google email. its ok if you dont have a wifi point you can sign into it later like I had to when i got home. once i connected to my wifi at homw, signed into gmail, market worked. I was stunned that this finally worked. It was by a freakin Christmas miracle i got it up and running. Installed angry birds and nook for android to test apps and they worked.

actually, i have google market working already which was really simple, all i want is the possibility to be able to back up current ROM and install customized ROM.

If only i can get this to work...

dnyce2g

Dec 21, 2010
Using Windows 7

7. You should now see a folder called usb_driver. Open that folder.

Not getting the usb_driver folder.

15. It will then come up with some messages about this is unsigned or something, are you sure you want to do this, click yes or continue.

Its not installing even after selecting yes.

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
Well i followed the instruction on page one and after entering the command "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img" i got an error return that the path cannot be found...
I tried others syntax but same error.

Any help please?

Well Well Well - Can you make sure the sdcard name is "sdcard" ?

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
Anyone has any suggestion on the Coby MID7015 rubber case ?

Thanks..................................

jmk16

Dec 21, 2010
I cannot install the clockwork recovery and nether the android market. I do every sigle step that is in this thread but still the default recovery. Can someone please help me?

teegunn

Nov 28, 2010
I cannot install the clockwork recovery and nether the android market. I do every sigle step that is in this thread but still the default recovery. Can someone please help me?

Did you try using terminal emulator on the Coby to get into clockwork? That's what finally worked for me. I would suggest formatting your SD card and redownloading the files then putting the files back onto the formatted sd card. Make sure you are rooted, run terminal emulator following the instructions I and others have posted in this thread. It should work.

Dukat79

Dec 22, 2010
@ demo1962
had same problem,this is what i did, when typing cd\android-sdk-windows\tools
do this:
When in a command prompt, type these commands
cd C:\
cd android-sdk-windows
cd platform-tools
Type: adb shell and press enter.
Type: su and press enter.
Type: flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img and press enter.
Press and hold the CTRL button, then press C.
Type: adb reboot recovery and press enter.
10. Your Kyros tablet will reboot. Clockwork Mod Recovery will then load.

When I am in command prompt and I go to cd/android-sdk-windows/tools "Enter". When I type adb shell it tells me that its not a recognizable internal or external command.

Please help

Thank you

pheebs24

Dec 22, 2010
did u try pressing the back key that always worked for me
i think i have the same problem, i rooted with z4root, used the terminal emulator:
su
flash_image recovery/sdcard/recovery.img
then it prompted: usage: flash_image partition file.img
then i type: reboot recovery

the unit will be rebooted but it will come up with the exclamation mark with the android logo, when i press the back button, it will only pop up the android recovery utility, not the clockwork recovery.
I have tried reformatted the sd card (both on pc and coby) and paste with the recovery.img image many many times....still give me the same problem.

Any help please?

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
When I am in command prompt and I go to cd/android-sdk-windows/tools "Enter". When I type adb shell it tells me that its not a recognizable internal or external command.

Please help

Thank you

You need to type cd/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools

If it does not work, then you need to use the second method by using the "terminal emulator". You needed to use usb keyboard and the coby cable.

Good Luck

jmk16

Dec 21, 2010
Did you try using terminal emulator on the Coby to get into clockwork? That's what finally worked for me. I would suggest formatting your SD card and redownloading the files then putting the files back onto the formatted sd card. Make sure you are rooted, run terminal emulator following the instructions I and others have posted in this thread. It should work.

Yes I do all that but nothing happen. It still goes to the default recovery. All I want is to install the android market. There are ROM's for this tablet??Where can I find it?

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
i think i have the same problem, i rooted with z4root, used the terminal emulator:
su
flash_image recovery/sdcard/recovery.img
then it prompted: usage: flash_image partition file.img
then i type: reboot recovery

the unit will be rebooted but it will come up with the exclamation mark with the android logo, when i press the back button, it will only pop up the android recovery utility, not the clockwork recovery.
I have tried reformatted the sd card (both on pc and coby) and paste with the recovery.img image many many times....still give me the same problem.

Any help please?

Try this:

Thanks to lschroeder from another forum...

--

To make ClockworkMod stick do this fix from terminal emulator.

su
(Accept Super User status if Dialog appears)
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

From ClockworkMod Recovery (use the default option and press menu button)
- reboot system now

Good Luck..........

pheebs24

Dec 22, 2010
i did, but i got the prompt message after i type: mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
it shown mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak file not found
do i missing something?