Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
rambg, this is not making sense, how is this going to get me the file manager that I need to start the rooting process? what do i need to do with the file you posted?

I understand AppsLib is not working to download FileManager. The USB recognition from your windows helps much beyond the FileManager. I do understand that FileManager is an easy tool to install the apps from SD Card from the system itself. However you can install the apps from ADB as well. Search for the commands to be used to install the apps from ADB command shell. In fact you can get some of the command from ClockwordRecMod itself.

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
im still getting stuck at the computer trying to recognize the Kyros...I have told the computer the file to look for....but nothing...it keeps saying that it finds the file but encountered a problem trying to install it....any suggestions?? i have changed it to the ADB Interface (not the Composite)....I have tried on Vista and 64bit Windows 7....no luck on either, getting the same error message on both! PLEASE HELP!!!

gdsims231

Dec 23, 2010
Finished my sons Christmas eve after working on it all day Thursday. It was SSOOO much easier using terminal emulator. I believe I can do the next one in less than 30 minutes. Not much to it once you understand what you are doing and dowmload the files. My steps to success after a days worth of failure. Download terminal emulator from appslib. Download files to sd card....not in folders. Run terminal emulator as super user.....SU. Be sure the keyboard minimizes so you can accept (this held me up at one point). Follow the instructions for steps listed earlier......

Thanks everyone. It is a much improved tablet now and the best thing is my son loved it!!!!

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I had to install the usb_driver folder separate from the update all package, in the additional packages. the file is called google usb_drivers. I am guessing this is the same thing?

update: I installed all google addons just not the samsung ones. I attached the message I get when I attempt to plug in my mid 7015 ( this is with the updated file posted in the guide).

UPDATE: I attempted to copy the code instead of using the media fire one provided. It worked =D

Attachments

• $problem  with drivers.PNG
    $problem with drivers.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:

jasonmatty1

Dec 27, 2010
Great guide. It took me a while but I got it. There are two things that I found to be helpful. In v8 the tools folder is platform-tools and I installed pdanet to get the correct usb drivers. I also download dual file manager from slideme site, which is available from the browser.

I have a question about the backup.

Is there a way for me to just backup the entire tablet in image form so that I do not need to redo this in case I need to reformat the tablet?

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
Is there a way for me to just backup the entire tablet in image form so that I do not need to redo this in case I need to reformat the tablet?

Yes you can using ADB Command shell. I believe you have 5 to 8 devices which you need to back up in an image using command shell

cat /proc/mtd -> list the system devices (from mtd0 to mtd8)

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img -> This command backs up the required image file to SDCARD which you can use it for pushing in case of recovery from ADB Command Shell.

Repeat the command for each device listed iin cat /proc/mtd

Click here for more info

rambg

Dec 7, 2010
im still getting stuck at the computer trying to recognize the Kyros...I have told the computer the file to look for....but nothing...it keeps saying that it finds the file but encountered a problem trying to install it....any suggestions?? i have changed it to the ADB Interface (not the Composite)....I have tried on Vista and 64bit Windows 7....no luck on either, getting the same error message on both! PLEASE HELP!!!

I used this forum and downloaded the tool on windows 7 after which my android is recognized by windows 7. Hope this will be help you as well. Best of luch

secosteve

Dec 19, 2010

Hey reber3522,

I was having the same problems as you. My computer wasn't recognizing the Kyros either. Go to page 4 and read the "demo1962" entry from 3:17am. It really helped me finish the rooting, recovery and apps install. The terminal emulator was key for me. This device is 100% better now with the mod.

Thanks for all the input on this forum. Especially apr2499 and demo1962. I would have pulled my hair out without their guidance.

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
I appreciate everyone's help on this...I used the terminal emulator instead. It was much easier and faster

jasonmatty1

Dec 27, 2010
Yes you can using ADB Command shell. I believe you have 5 to 8 devices which you need to back up in an image using command shell

cat /proc/mtd -> list the system devices (from mtd0 to mtd8)

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/mtd1.img -> This command backs up the required image file to SDCARD which you can use it for pushing in case of recovery from ADB Command Shell.

Repeat the command for each device listed iin cat /proc/mtd

Click here for more info

Is there a guide somewhere to do this similar to the guide posted at the beginning of this thread?

When I do this, what will it backup? Will I have to reinstall apps such as market or will they be there?

I tried reading through the link you posted but did not understand much of it.

Thanks

reber3522

Dec 26, 2010
one last question, once i have the tablet rooted, can i remove the programs that I used to root the device? or must they stay for the root to continue to work?

pheebs24

Dec 22, 2010
I am at the same step pheebs. Once I got throught he recovery and reboot I have no clockwork (or dont know where to find it). I typed the line in listed above and bet file not found. Ran root again, typed the line in emmulater again....same result...!!!!AARRGGGHHH

hello gdmsims231:
i finally got mine rooted and installed...after i tried millions time...i finally figure, when you type: mv /systeem/etc....... you have to make sure you left a space after "mv" before the "/" dumb me....but now either you use the adb shell or the terminal emulator...it works, another thing when you try to installed the google app zip file, you have to type the same command : mv /system/etc....... so you can reboot to the clockwork recovery mode. hope that will help....i have to say...i love this forum, help a lot...thanks everyone, enjoy your new droid market.

padrict

Dec 26, 2010
hello gdmsims231:
i finally got mine rooted and installed...after i tried millions time...i finally figure, when you type: mv /systeem/etc....... you have to make sure you left a space after "mv" before the "/" dumb me....but now either you use the adb shell or the terminal emulator...it works, another thing when you try to installed the google app zip file, you have to type the same command : mv /system/etc....... so you can reboot to the clockwork recovery mode. hope that will help....i have to say...i love this forum, help a lot...thanks everyone, enjoy your new droid market.

pheebs, thank you for clearing that up. I feel like an idiot...got it installed and works like a champ. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all of their work.