Kyros mid7022 problem

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
I picked up the Kyros 7022 last week and added Market using the methods daprospecta has detailed on this forum.  fixed the wifi problems, battery drain from the cell standby issues, and stopped the screen from spontaneously waking up by adding the advanced wifi lock free app and quick settings app available on market.  Now my home button does not work and I lost the lock screen for no reason.  Now when the unit is powered up it goes directly to the home screen instead of the lock screen.  What did I do.  I set the power button to take it back to the home screen but would like to find out why the home button does not work.  Has anyone else had any problems like this.  

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
I picked up the Kyros 7022 last week and added Market using the methods daprospecta has detailed on this forum.  fixed the wifi problems, battery drain from the cell standby issues, and stopped the screen from spontaneously waking up by adding the advanced wifi lock free app and quick settings app available on market.  Now my home button does not work and I lost the lock screen for no reason.  Now when the unit is powered up it goes directly to the home screen instead of the lock screen.  What did I do.  I set the power button to take it back to the home screen but would like to find out why the home button does not work.  Has anyone else had any problems like this.  

I had this same problem! I am not sure what app did it.

Do you have battery indicator installed by a chance? This app can disable lock screen Try deleting quick settings see if that helps. I am not sure what app caused my home button to not work. I thought it was battery indictaor pro or maybe quick settings I accidently set some setting in there.

Also check out your spare parts app. See what end button behavior is set to. Maybe the app could associate end button with home button so if set to nothing it will not work.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
Same thing happened to me the first time I installed market. Do a factory reset and install market again. I have don't many resets and the home button hasn't been broken since the first time.

jjr1314

Jul 13, 2011
Well it's not quick settings and I don't have a battery widget so I tried the reset button on the back andthat didn't work either. The only other way I know to rest the tablet is go through the settings menu and go back to factory settings. I will try this by friday and let you know. Thanks for the quick rezponses. Now to find an easy way to root so I can tether to an adhoc network off an Iphone. Daprospecta, please let us know when you post a video on rooting this tablet. Thanks

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
Well it's not quick settings and I don't have a battery widget so I tried the reset button on the back andthat didn't work either. The only other way I know to rest the tablet is go through the settings menu and go back to factory settings. I will try this by friday and let you know. Thanks for the quick rezponses. Now to find an easy way to root so I can tether to an adhoc network off an Iphone. Daprospecta, please let us know when you post a video on rooting this tablet. Thanks

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

You should try deleting all the apps from installing the market (Services, framework, vending) and see if it works again. Otherwise a factory reset in the settings menu will fix the problem.

Scooter74

Oct 29, 2011
Had Same problem with 7022 and didn't realize that something/part of Market install caused problem. Just did a factory reset and now Home button works.

Anyone know what the offending app might be? Don't want this thing if Market can't be used without the Home Button failing.

Unless I can add Home, Menu and Back controls to screen like most other units have - a non functioning Home button a non-starter.

Along withe Home Button going away the unit also would go schitzo on orientation, and stopped recognizing connection to Desktop PC after first initial connection (when I tried to transferr all the Market Apps over)

So I guess the question is What are the minimum Market Apps needed to make Market work on the 7022 and of course Flash Player as well.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

bsinclair

Mar 5, 2011
Same problem. Did a full reset and started over, problem reappeared after a while, besides making the tablet very slow to respond on screen tap.

Now running without the market and everything is fine.

Sent from my MID7022 using Tapatalk

pipkinrah

Dec 16, 2011
has anyone had an issue with the screen resolution. all of a sudden the screen looks like i'm running in 16 color mode?? any ideas?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Have you installed anything new? Did you try using HDMI? You can try a factory reset (backup first). If it doesn't fix it, you may want to open the device to make sure all cables and connections are OK.

synthvox

Jan 15, 2012
I suddenly had this issue today after connecting to my TV via HDMI output. When first connecting you are given the option of selecting what you want your output settings to be. I had set mine for HDMI only, and evidently the end button lock screen/sleep function only works when the output is LCD. I plugged my tablet back into my TV and changed the output settings back to LCD, and that fixed the problem.

stratic

Dec 19, 2011
I have encountered the same problem as you. I have had to reset it twice, but it seems to be working fine now.