Lacation Settings

LSWONE

Dec 30, 2010
has anyone been able to get the location settings to work since the update to 2.2? I have some credit card billing software (Squareup) I would like to use but it requires this feature to run properly.

If not, does anyone have the old 2.1 image available for download?
I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

LSWONE.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
has anyone been able to get the location settings to work since the update to 2.2? I have some credit card billing software (Squareup) I would like to use but it requires this feature to run properly. If not, does anyone have the old 2.1 image available for download? I would really appreciate it! Thanks, LSWONE.

Haven't seen a solution yet for "Location Settings" so the tablet continues to think it's in China.

An "old" image is linked in this post. Even though the file is named "system.bin" it's an InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) 11.2.0.5.1.3 that can be burned with the IUW.exe utility. However, at that time we didn't understand the significance of Hardware ID "hwver". At at that time there were only two (2) different hardware version of the SYNET7LP in circulation each requiring a different reset method. The SYTABEX7 did not exist so there are known original 2.1 files for that device. As always, caution burning the incorrect InfoTM Update Wrap (.ius) may brick the tablet.

Last edited:

Michale32086

Nov 8, 2011
Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but it refers to a problem I have been having for months..

I got ahold of a white Pandigital tablet, running Android 2.0... I was able to put in new firmware that gave me access to MARKET and allowed me to install the Square Up app... It works great when I input the CC data manually.. But when I insert the Scan Dongle, the whole thing slows down to a virtual standstill...

So, first question. Did anyone here get the Square Up Card Dongle to work with their White Pandigital??

If so, how?? :D If it just worked, could you give me the firmware version you are using and any other information that might be pertinent??

It's really a problem that's driving me to drink!! OK, well more of a short walk, but still.... :D

Thanx in advance.

Michale