Lag on things that scroll?

NoValidTitle

Apr 19, 2011
Hey, I bought a nook color and have been lurking here for a week or so. I tried some searching but lag is too short of a term to search for and didn't have much luck with other words.

Anyway... I have a Nook Color currently running CM7 nightly 40 with dalingrins 1.1 OC kernel 41311A. My CPU settings are Min 600, Max 1100, with the performance governor.
I'm using Zeam as my launcher. I get 2200 avg scores in quadrant with those settings.

So the issue is, big scrolling things. If I open the zeam app drawer and scroll it's sloooow to respond and stutters like crazy. It seems to scroll the app page at like 3 FPS. If I open the app I use to track my workouts when I hit the drop downs for the weight or reps those lag the same way when I scroll through the numbers. I've seen videos of people running Zeam on their NCs and it seems all smooth. The home screens are as smooth as butter, the animation of loading the app drawer is smooth but scrolling in it isn't.

Any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm thinking it may just be something CM7 hasn't addressed. I notice the same thing on bootable CM7 but attributed it to running from SD card. Other ROMs definitly don't behave that way. If you open a webpage and wait for it to load can you scroll up and down without lag?

NoValidTitle

Apr 19, 2011
I loaded up bbc.co.uk/news and it scrolls but it's jittery, not as bad as my zeam app drawer but it's not super smooth

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I loaded up bbc.co.uk/news and it scrolls but it's jittery, not as bad as my zeam app drawer but it's not super smooth

I don't have a lot of time with CM7 yet but it seems like the the ROM might just be a little laggy in that way. A smiliar comment to yours was made here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook/13185-diary-unrooted-nook.html#post77906.

One other thought is to make sure your screen is clean. The nook has a sensitive screen and possibly a bit of grease or finger print is thorwing it off (this has been know to happen).

patmw123

Jan 30, 2011
You should try reinstalling cyanogenmod without the dalingrin kernel. The kernel included seems to be noticeably smoother at 925mhz than the dalingrin kernel at 1.1ghz.

NoValidTitle

Apr 19, 2011
You should try reinstalling cyanogenmod without the dalingrin kernel. The kernel included seems to be noticeably smoother at 925mhz than the dalingrin kernel at 1.1ghz.

I will give that a shot but unless it was fixed in 40 I doubt it will make a difference. When I installed 40 it was the first time I flashed a new kernel. I was running the 925 CM kernel for the previous 6 or so nightly builds. I switched to dalingrin in hopes of it smoothing out.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i have a similar setup - cm7, nightly 39, 4113a OC, quadrant 2200, on demand governor - but i have had no issues with scrolling
some things to try out - download touchcalibrate and run it - there's a link posted here somewhere

NoValidTitle

Apr 19, 2011
i have a similar setup - cm7, nightly 39, 4113a OC, quadrant 2200, on demand governor - but i have had no issues with scrolling
some things to try out - download touchcalibrate and run it - there's a link posted here somewhere

I really don't think it has anything to do with the touchscreen. It happens when I flick scroll, not just when I hold my finger on it. If I open my app drawer and flick to scroll a big it lags as it scrolls, doesn't do it in web browsers with the same action. I will see if I can get a video later.

*edit* tried touchrecalibrate.apk and no change.

Last edited:

NoValidTitle

Apr 19, 2011
I had the same problem. Ditch Zeam (dead project) and use ADW that comes with CM7.

Dead project? It's been updated 3 times in the last 8 days. That being said, ADW does scroll better on the app screen. Launcher doesn't fit scroll issues in other apps though =( like the drop downs in my workout app. But I'll live. ;)

brad0383

Feb 23, 2011
Dead project? It's been updated 3 times in the last 8 days. That being said, ADW does scroll better on the app screen. Launcher doesn't fit scroll issues in other apps though =( like the drop downs in my workout app. But I'll live. ;)

Hmmmm, interesting. The Zeam website and XDA thread a couple weeks ago said ti was no longer being developed. Someone must have picked it up again.