Last update from Zenithink...

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
The last update I did on the Zenithink site completely wiped my tablet, is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

I'm rather reluctant to see if there's a new update in case it means that my tablet gets wiped again. :( I have so much on my tablet, it took literally all day to restore everything that I wanted onto it, I can't sit and install everything over and over again. :(

CV
on my Tablet! :)
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

CaptainVimes

Apr 3, 2012
I know how to back up media files, but how do you back up apps, or do you have to reinstall all those that are on the tablet? I can use a different memory card to do the update, then it won't wipe the one with all my stuff on, but do I have to reinstall everything on the tablet itself? I use go launcher for the tablet, will that back up all the files or not?

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

Last edited:

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
CaptainVimes said:
The last update I did on the Zenithink site completely wiped my tablet, is this normal, or did I do something wrong?

I'm rather reluctant to see if there's a new update in case it means that my tablet gets wiped again. :( I have so much on my tablet, it took literally all day to restore everything that I wanted onto it, I can't sit and install everything over and over again. :(

CV
(ZT282 - C91 upgrade)

Two or Three Questions:
Was that update done with your C91, or with a zt-180? The zt-180 erases everything when you upgrade.
Which C91 do you have? Mine is an upgraded version, the xxx2Nxxxx. Check this out on the model number from the left end of the tablet.
Where did you get your firmware from? If you use this site this will give you the right firmware.
http://zenithink.com/Eproducts_C91_2.php?download
this works with all C91 upgraded models.

I've upgraded the firmware for 4 different C91s since I got mine. All of these were done with the 2012-3-28 release date firmware. Nothing was lost in upgrading the firmware, and the process was very easy and fast.

First, install "File Manager" from Rhythm Software. You'll really appreciate this tool for many reasons including the fact that File Manager is able to unzip this firmware. Second, download and unzip the file to the main directory. If you can't find the downloaded file, it's in a folder called downloads. Once you've unzipped the file, open the folder that has been created in the main directory. In it you will find a folder called "zt-update". Move this to your main directory. Having done this, shut down the tablet. Make sure the tablet has a good charge. Now start the tablet by first pressing the camera button and holding it down, then pressing the start button.

After a few minutes your tablet will be up and running with the new firmware installed and all of your software and data still installed and in place. I know that this last paragraph has been difficult to follow, but the results are with it.