Latest Dolphin HD browser update

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
They've really done a great job on the latest version of Dolphin. It was already a great browser but now they've made the way you access bookmarks much nicer.

The only thing I wish was different is side scrolling. If you have the option to swipe left to right for bookmarks and right to left for add-ons turned on, if there is a spot on a site where you need to side scroll, you're outta luck. You can turn that option off and side-scroll just fine but that's a good option to have on. Now, granted, side scrolling isn't much needed but believe it or not, one of my favorite sites (google books magazine section...EVERY issue of popular science among others!) is basically crippled without it.

Anyone know any tricks to toggle that setting momentarily without having to go into menus?

rcmolski

Apr 4, 2011
I didn't have problems side scrolling...I had tons of issues where pages just wouldn't load. I'd have to force close Dolphin and restart it for pages to load properly.

Saw a few other comments from others regarding this, too.

I'm currently using stock browser, which is much quicker since the update.

Bob

kes601

May 23, 2011
I have problems with both browsers getting stuck on certain sites, then I have to reboot the Acer to get things to work properly again. A couple nights ago it was dunkindonuts.com (which worked fine last night) and then last night it was zap2it.com.

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I would love to be able to use the stock browser but until they fix the user agent issue (yes, I know you can go in and set it to desktop but it doesn't save the setting and that doesn't work for me) I'm sticking with Dolphin.

zealouz

May 26, 2011
I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to the later browser version. I have to kill Dolphin with task killer then relaunch it to get it to work. Browser works just gets hung up intermittently while loading pages. I hope this issue gets fixed soon...i really like this browser, i don't want to change! I just go to the stock browser when it hangs up.