Latest nightly build 253 - doesn't create shortcuts for new apps automatically

Zhopa

Sep 26, 2011
Hi!
I was on CM7.1 stable (dated 2011-10-10). But read that nightly has new features so I decided to try and put latest 253.

I just put it so can't tell the real difference but...

But now when I install any new app it doesn't create shortcut, I have to go to app drawer and drag it to my screen...

Any ideas?

Also now in addition to wireless signal indicator in the right bottom corner I have cell phone signal indicator. Which is 0, of course. How can I take it off screen?

Thanks a lot!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Part of the deal with nightlies is that you are going to get builds that aren't perfect. That is what nightlies are for, experimentation and modification. I believe the apps creating a shortcut or not upon download can be turned on/off in settings. The cell indicator is not something you are going to be able to adjust unless you go in and start messing with the system files yourself.

Hopefully the first thing you did before installing the nightly was to make a back up. That way if the nightly isn't what you are expecting or has issues it is easy to roll back. If not, lesson learned but you still may be able to go back without losing any apps or data.

JP

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Search for and download build 253m, (modified) it solves the phone bar thing and other annoyances.