Laughing at myself

dkpickard

Aug 9, 2011
OK, I have more years around computers than I want to admit (I know CPM for goodness sake - I feel ancient), but something I did was soooooo nooooob that I thought I'd give everyone a laugh at my expense.

I have had an iPhone (forgive me) since they came out. But I recently got my first Android device, a Xoom. I was so excited about being free of the "Apple imposed structure" of iOS that I rushed to set up the Xoom just so.

So here I am loading all the Android versions of my iPhone apps, mostly news and other web site related stuff, and getting really teed off about the low resolution and lack of landscape viewing, etc. Just as I was about to start down rating the apps, it dawned on me ...... Android has a first rate, Flash capable browser(s), that can view the desktop versions of web pages, meaning the Xoom didn't need those apps which are basicly designed to organize web pages for the small screens of phones.

So obvious huh? My only excuse is a bad case of iPhoneitis. :) Guess even the most experienced among us can overlook the obvious.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing in the beginning. Try the application called Freely too, great newsreader.

Sent from my Flashback 10.0 using Android Tablet Forum