completely changed my tab!
dont wait for 3.1..
install it! you'll thank me later. :)

ps. not in the HC market place..

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
It works but not optimized for hc. Use with caution. Home replacement apps have been the cause of some soft bricks.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
HD87:

Just wondering, but did you install Launcher Pro because of its customization abilities or because the default launcher is bad to you?

Personally, I find the default launcher pretty nice, but I used Launcher Pro on my old tablet and understand how nice it can be to tweak tiny little settings that end up making all sorts of difference.
It would be nice to have a Honeycomb version of Launcher Pro though.

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
excuse me guys but im a noobie, what's the difference between ADW launcher EX and the Launcher pro you were talking about? coz I have the adw launcher EX.

HD87

May 14, 2011
I installed LauncherPro because...
1. the default FB widget does not work.. & LauncherPro has a scrollable Fb widget!
2. being able to resize any widget.. 3.1 is not here yet..
3. being able to change the transition effect.. so cool!
4. the dock! setting all my main apps on the the 3 scrollable docks..
5. being able to add folders.! huge plus..

all in all, I have not encountered a single problem with LauncherPro on the Iconia..
not going back to HC till 3.1.. then maybe..

I read LauncherPro will be coming out with a version for the HC!

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
Alright tnx man! I guess i'll just wait for the 3.1 update in the vey near future. I'll stick with Adw launcher ex for now. ;)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I used to run LP for several months on my nexus one, when I finally realized it
was providing nothing of any real value once Gingerbread showed up and certainly nothing
at all to offer in Honeycomb.

I dumped it, even tho I had the paid version, and have been enjoying the extra room on the phone
(even tho that's not a concern other Iconia).

I was tired of the boot up problems of missing icons in folders forcing me to restart launcher products after
every reboot. Yes it's cute, but none of the listed enhancements posted above matter to me.

Having to set up your desktop all over again is reason enough to stay away in my opinion.

jhrIII

May 18, 2011
I installed LauncherPro because...
1. the default FB widget does not work.. & LauncherPro has a scrollable Fb widget!
2. being able to resize any widget.. 3.1 is not here yet..
3. being able to change the transition effect.. so cool!
4. the dock! setting all my main apps on the the 3 scrollable docks..
5. being able to add folders.! huge plus..

all in all, I have not encountered a single problem with LauncherPro on the Iconia..
not going back to HC till 3.1.. then maybe..

I read LauncherPro will be coming out with a version for the HC!

+1

LP really cleaned up things, and at the same time made what I wanted accessible more accessible. The scrolling dock is my favorite feature, as is resizing widgets. The custom LP scrolling widgets work great and make accessing things like my bookmarks and calender soooo much easier. I'm running it on my A500 as well as my droid charge, (was on my original droid as well).

spexwood

May 11, 2011
excuse me guys but im a noobie, what's the difference between ADW launcher EX and the Launcher pro you were talking about? coz I have the adw launcher EX.

I used LP on my previous tablet, an Archos 101, and currently using ADW on my cell phone, an Xperia x10. Both are pretty much the same, but in my opinion, ADW has more options. I tried t get it on my old tablet, but couldnt get it working right (an update has since been released though), so I had to resort to LP.

Im gonna wait for the Iconia's 3.1 update first and look at the HC update of LP.
Oh and HD87, thanks for your response. I was only curious :)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
3.1 only allows for resizing of google widgets not 3rd party. ADW ex is the only mainstream launcher optimized for HC.

theallspark

Jun 5, 2011
@spexwood - thanks for the response man! I guess we all have to wait for the 3.1 update huh. can't wait! :) I hope the update gets released here the same time as you guys coz Im from Philippines. haha.