LauncherPro Plus Crashing

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
Since this morning, I've been getting crashes whenever I try to scroll through app list. It loads fine, but if I scroll it returns to the home screen. Has anyone else experienced this? It happened both before and after the recent update. I tried doing a power cycle but that didn't help.

Sent from my rooted Nook using Android Tablet Forum app.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I haven't experienced this myself since I don't use Launcher Pro, but sound like the app is corrupt.
-Uninstall it, reboot, re-install from the market.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I haven't experienced this myself since I don't use Launcher Pro, but sound like the app is corrupt.
-Uninstall it, reboot, re-install from the market.

Unfortunately that didn't do it.

Zeam works really well for me.

I will give Zeam a try. If that doesn't work, it may be time to give up on keeping the Nook launcher and just install a ROM.

racingelting

Mar 27, 2011
Go ahead and flash the phiremod Rom you wont be sorry. For the Rooted stock rom I had best luck with zeam also.

Jamie

Last edited:

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
Zeam works, but it's missing some features I've come to rely on in LPP. I will look into the phiremod ROM.

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
I just read the first post in "(How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels" and am a little intimidated.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I just read the first post in "(How To) Installing/Using ClockworkMod, Rom manager, nandroid backup, custom kernels" and am a little intimidated.

It really isn't that bad. Go back in that thread and ask questions about the parts you don't understand :)

pjo1966

Mar 2, 2011
Once I flash ClockworkMod and reboot, am I done or do I need to continue on and flash a new kernel as well. I guess that's what confuses me.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Once I flash ClockworkMod and reboot, am I done or do I need to continue on and flash a new kernel as well. I guess that's what confuses me.

Depends on what you want to do. If you just want to stop at CWR you are done. However it seems that you want to load phiremod so in that case you need to load the phiremod zip of your choice onto the sd card. Once you have flashed CWR to the internal memory (recomended but not required, you can do everything from sd card if you don't want to have CWR on internal memory) and rebooted you choose to boot into recovery from ROM Manager and then follow the same flashing steps as CWR but point to the phiremod zip instead of the CWR zip.

adnilasor

Oct 19, 2010
Seems that you are not alone. Thread on nook color xda site reports similar issues after the update. Not at a PC otherwise would post the link.

Edit: I think I did this right.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1012792

Last edited: