Le Pan 2 constant buffering on You Tube

rret

Mar 8, 2012
to make youtube video run perfectly, seamlessly on the le pan II:
On the default built-in browser (blue ball earth icon thingy labelled "Browser") on the le pan II open the browser up and go to settings->privacy&security->location. turn off "enable location". you will send me $, this makes such a difference! try it - you tried everything else - i know i did!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
ok i did it. i will report back. Are you saying it will improve playback on the browser or the youtube app as well?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
ok i did it. i will report back. Are you saying it will improve playback on the browser or the youtube app as well?

I am curious to see a confirmation of this. Very interesting.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
no joy so far. as a rule my youtube works pretty good. there are a few videos that i know i have trouble with. i tried them iwth the browser and with the youtube app. still buffered. hey rret, i want my money back!

rret

Mar 8, 2012
no joy so far. as a rule my youtube works pretty good. there are a few videos that i know i have trouble with. i tried them iwth the browser and with the youtube app. still buffered. hey rret, i want my money back!

don't know what to tell you - it worked really well for me. there are some sony a55 video's on youtube that are hi-res - i had trouble with these before disabling the location thingy. by trouble i mean they would buffer forever and never play. now they buffer initially, and then they play. try going somewhere else with free wifi and see if it works better there. it may be your router is a slug or not set up properly?

here is one of the sony links-

the sony a55 is a great camera by the way! (camera of the year 2010)

Last edited by a moderator:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
i just played the above video with no issues My router set up is good I have very few issues and have experimented with different configurations and various routers.

the videos I use as an acid test are hd country music videos 1080p. For some reason they are quite demanding. I have almost but not quite gotten to like jenifer nettles.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
rret, are you sure you didn't change the default play quality to not play in HQ? It is possible that you adjusted the default play setting without realizing it and on screens of these sizes the difference between a high quality video and not can be very difficult to notice. Just something to double check to see if it is falling back out of HQ without you knowing it.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I have my stock browser set to play m.YouTube.com which play in HQ rather than HD. I really can't tell the diference and the videos play with no buffering.