Le Pan freeze up

kevinwheeler

Dec 11, 2011
i have a lepan tablet with 2.2 and it is new when I let tablet sit for longer than 3 min it freezes up and I have to reset is there a fix for this or is this some thing I will need to live with or send it back

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Kevin, I'm moving your post to the Le Pan Tablets forum so the folks who have that tablet can see it. I think you'll get more help there. Good luck!

frankthetank

Jun 20, 2011
Welcome Kevin -

I don't think we have read about this issue yet..... It sounds like something that I would not be willing to live with though.

Have you updated the firmware yet from the Le Pan website?

Sir_Cusfreak

Nov 29, 2011
Hi Kevin.
can you describe in a little more detail what exactly is happening?

Is it freezing up with apps running, or not, and which ones? Is the "freezing" with the home screen on, or is it going to sleep first, things like that. Will it go to sleep in this frozen state? If so will it wake back up, but not open apps? What security app have you installed? It seems sometimes there can be frozen, and *completely* frozen. I heard of some live wallpaper apps that would 'freeze up' a machine; But, that user said they got them from "some site" not from the official market. Have you DL'd any apps from outside sources? Did this start happening out of the box, or after you installed any app, from anywhere?
I'm not an expert on these things, in any way, but I have read a ton of things about this device (and tabs in general) from a lot of different sites, and I don't think it should be too hard to determine if you have a software or hardware problem.

All the info you can give will help, and I'm sure if anyone knows anything about it, this forum will help you out.

Also, I hear LePan support is good, I would open a case on their site if it were mine.

If it's hardware they'll give you an RMA, and if not they can probably get you sorted.

LeePan

Dec 15, 2011
Welcome Kevin -

I don't think we have read about this issue yet..... It sounds like something that I would not be willing to live with though.

Have you updated the firmware yet from the Le Pan website?

I am having the same problem. Tablet seems to be freezing constantly. I have not noticed any particular pattern.
I have updated to 4431v2.

LeePan

Dec 15, 2011
I am having the same problem. Tablet seems to be freezing constantly. I have not noticed any particular pattern.
I have updated to 4431v2.

I suspect the freezing may be related to the wifi. I am trying the following workaround "Advanced Wifi Lock" (available from the market).

I am running AnTuTu Benchmark and pinging the tablet from my PC as my test.

So far so good !! I have been without a freeze for 3 hours.

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
I suspect the freezing may be related to the wifi. I am trying the following workaround "Advanced Wifi Lock" (available from the market).

I am running AnTuTu Benchmark and pinging the tablet from my PC as my test.

So far so good !! I have been without a freeze for 3 hours.

Hey LeePan
Any news with freeze problem? did you fix it? Let us know

In my case, almost 2 hourst I have to reset the Tablet cause the "sleep of death" problem or just freeze up
Considering upgrade the firmware.... hope it fix this

LeePan

Dec 15, 2011
Hey LeePan
Any news with freeze problem? did you fix it? Let us know

In my case, almost 2 hourst I have to reset the Tablet cause the "sleep of death" problem or just freeze up
Considering upgrade the firmware.... hope it fix this

The workaround helped but did not fix it. It seemed to space out the freezing.

I have tried a few other workarounds:

- "Bettersleep" (I thought the sensors may be the cause) : did not help
- I used "catlog" to record the logfiles and inspected the log files after a freeze. After 6 freezes, there were no patterns.
- The latest: I backed up the device and did a Factory reset. I have been able to get a full day without freezes. I am gradually restoring the apps. You could try that.

spikeman

Dec 23, 2011
- "Bettersleep" (I thought the sensors may be the cause) : did not help
- I used "catlog" to record the logfiles and inspected the log files after a freeze. After 6 freezes, there were no patterns.
- The latest: I backed up the device and did a Factory reset. I have been able to get a full day without freezes. I am gradually restoring the apps. You could try that.

I´ve updated the firmware yesterday but the freeze problem still there (damn!)
I also try the Factory reset mode the other day, it was ok for a while but 2-3 hours later the same thing

Le pan support dont answer my last case (I suspect they know that they send me a defective tablet) since 2 days ago
Btw, the Le Pan TC970 is no longer sold in Amazon.com only the LePan II. Coincidence?

Seriously considering send it back for a refund.... is a shame because is such a good tablet and dont know other with screen 10" 4:3 :(

Alena123

Jan 1, 2012
I have 2 of the tablets, I bought one for me and one for my mom, mine is prefect never 1 freeze, my mothers on the other hand has froze 2 times within a day. But it didnt start until the day I put in Pandora radio, I took it out it did not freeze again but when the battery went completely dead when I put the charger in , it would not show it charging until I hit reset. The good thing about reset is that no data is lost so its not really a big deal, it really is an awesome tablet for the price and if reset has to be hit a few times so be it.

mroy100

Jan 1, 2012
Hi, Here's my experience on Le Pan Freezes. Sorry for my english, this is not my primary language.

I bought 2 Le Pan, for me and my parents. Mine with a Patriot Class 4 16GB MicroSD and Only the tablet for My parent (I let original MicroSD in the tablet). Mine used to freeze 2 or 3 times every "charge". I mean the time from full charge to low battery.

My parent's one run fine without any freeze and they use it for 5 hours minimum per days for a week now.

So I tried to put back the original 2Go MicroSD in my tablet and since then, no freeze in several days now. I'm pretty sure that they have disapeared completely.

I think that MicroSD card have a major impact on the "freeze" habit of the tablet. So you could try original card for a few days. If you come with a specific Brand or Speed (Class) that work perfectly with the tablet, you can share it here please.

So i'm sure that mine is not working well : Patriot MicroSD HC Class 4 16Gb

Thank you... please share also experience if freezes gone with original MicroSD Card.

dctab

Sep 26, 2010
Either there is a design problem in the Le Pan or the manufacturer has produced an ''orchard" of lemons.

I purchased my tablet at the end of November. At first no problems. Then the freezing started and over time became more frequent. So when I heard about the 4431 upgrade I went for it. The same pattern followed. At first no problem, but then it happened more frequently. At the same time it is entirely unpredictable. Some days it works flawlessly. Other days it will freeze every other minute. I hare noticed no patterns of any sort.

I like the tablet a lot, but this freezing up is intolerable.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet Forum

blamkrotch

Feb 22, 2012
I hope this helps someone. I am not sure if you guys are having problems with actual "freezing"(where the tablet shows on screen content, but glitches up and doesn't work). that has never happend to mine...however... I have the tc 970 and it has always "become unresponsive" if i let it go to sleep on its own. I first noticed this when downloading larger apps from the market and letting the tab sit. To remedy this problem i simply changed the screen sleep timer in the settings from the factory default to the highest setting(30 min). Now we just maunually put the tablet to sleep when we are done using it. To be more clear, the tablet has ...NEVER... froze at any other time than when it puts itself to sleep. When this happens the screen goes black like it is sleeping but when you try to wake it, it does not respond. so after several presses of the power button, or pressing the reset the tab reboots. When downloading larger files that take more than 30 min, simply swipe across an empty part of the screen before the 30 min is up to reset the screens sleep timer so you can complete your download.(I had to do this with the gta3 extra game content) After figuring this out, our tablet has never again had the sleep of death. As i said, I am not sure if this is the same problem others are having but since it worked with ours i figured i would mention it in case it could help someone else. If this is not the problem you are having, sorry I couldn't help and good luck. P.S. we love our lepan and everyone that has checked it out is surprised by its quality especially for the price.

blamkrotch

Feb 22, 2012
Hi, Here's my experience on Le Pan Freezes. Sorry for my english, this is not my primary language.

I bought 2 Le Pan, for me and my parents. Mine with a Patriot Class 4 16GB MicroSD and Only the tablet for My parent (I let original MicroSD in the tablet). Mine used to freeze 2 or 3 times every "charge". I mean the time from full charge to low battery.

My parent's one run fine without any freeze and they use it for 5 hours minimum per days for a week now.

So I tried to put back the original 2Go MicroSD in my tablet and since then, no freeze in several days now. I'm pretty sure that they have disapeared completely.

I think that MicroSD card have a major impact on the "freeze" habit of the tablet. So you could try original card for a few days. If you come with a specific Brand or Speed (Class) that work perfectly with the tablet, you can share it here please.

So i'm sure that mine is not working well : Patriot MicroSD HC Class 4 16Gb

Thank you... please share also experience if freezes gone with original MicroSD Card.

Again, I'm not sure if our problem is the same but with ours it made no difference when we had the stock sd card or when we put in a 8gb class 4 MicroSd HC card. The tablet was very consistent in its behavior. So much so that I would bet money that if we let our tab go to sleep on its own, we would have a 110% provability that it would not awake without rebooting it. The reason I replied to your comment is to verify that with our class 4 card we have had no problems. (other than the sleep thing that it also did with the stock card.)

dkpaiger

Feb 26, 2012
I just got my LePan I from Amazon today. Have total frustration, altho I can see where it could be superb if it would stop freezing all the time! It freezes continually, every few minutes...ridiculous! I have tried installing the firmware update(3 ways)...won't happen. It simply tells me it's an invalid image(?), so I copied files to separate SD and it still would not accept it. I also have the WiFi issue...it will not accept my ATT network. Apparently it 'prefers' WEP and not WPA. Sorry, but I prefer a secure network!
Sure could use some help from someone who knows this LePan that was supposed to be so great. :(