Le Pan II and Netflix

nikmodi

Dec 30, 2011
Anyone have a problem with netflix on the Le Pan II? I've noticed that when I'm watch anything via netflix it slows down and gets very laggy at times. Its only via netflix that I see this delay. Its very annoying and would like to get this fixed.

Thanks.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
If you are using WiFi, how's your WiFi connectivity? Anyone else on that WiFi network using bandwidth?

ajvalerio

Mar 2, 2012
I used to have problems with Netflix also then I upgraded my router to "n" class and now its working quite well.

nikmodi

Dec 30, 2011
Wifi connectivity is great. Full bars. No issues with anything else. Netflix works great on all other devices (apple tv, boxee box, iPhone). They're all on wifi and they all work without the lag.

The lag on Le Pan II feels like its a CPU thing. Not enough power to play the video.

Thanks.

coryrk

Feb 17, 2012
I never had problems before with Netflix until I read this thread! Now I have to reboot my lepan 2 just about every time I want to watch something. May be some sort of problem wth the latest version of the app not being 100% compatible with lepan?

nikmodi

Dec 30, 2011
I did a factory reset a week ago and a reboot a day or so ago. i've had this broblem from the beginning. just stopped using the netflix app but now its annoying. I'd like to use the tablet while on the treadmill to watch netflix so it would be great o resolve this problem.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Some of the (respectable) app developers will make historical versions of their apps available on their website. e.g. this is standard practice at SourceForge.net for PC applications.
An app update is not always a good thing for everyone ;)
I keep multiple old versions of apps I installed, just in case I need to revert:
aeeb4353-63d5-7606.jpg

Last edited:

moloch

Jan 17, 2012
I haven't had any problems with the netflix app, except when there was that big storm in Virginia

ireyes012

Sep 26, 2012
I own a Lepan 2 and recently updated to ICS. I now too have problems viewing Netflixs. I also own a Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic via Sprint which ironically runs off of ICS as well, and Netflix does not work on it also. I have troubleshot everyting and nothing,including wifi which is perfectly fine. My wife owns an Apple 4 phone, I decided to squash the wifi issue so I ran netflix on wifi both on my Epic, and my daughters HTC design and the iphone, and to my surprise netflix did not work on the HTC nor the Epic, but it worked fine on the iphone, all were on wifi settings. I went one further and called Sprint, I was told after explaining what was going on, that there indeed is a problem with ICS and Netflix, and that Samsung will eventually have a fix soon. As far as the Le Pan I have not gotten a status from Le Pan and not sure if we will ever get a fix. There you go, there is definitely a problem with ICS concerning Netflix.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Netflix 2.0.1 from the Android market works fine on my ICS 4.0.3 tablet (iDeaUSA). Always maintain a backup of the current installed version before updating.

Last edited:
May 3, 2012
I use a lp2 also running 4.0.4 and the Netflix app does not work for me either. I did a complete reinstall of the app and still problems. Its a known issue, its not tablet specific; Netflix dropped the ball on the latest update. Check the market and you'll see all the negative reviews describing probably exactly your issue.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Does the Le Pan II come with Google Play Store pre-installed by the device manufacturer?
And, did any standard Netflix version from the Android Market (i.e. not a hacked/modified version you see on some sites) ever work fine on a Le Pan II?

Last edited:

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Yes Le Pan II is Google certified so PlayStore is factory installed. Netflix works fine from what I hear. I don't have it. I think there may be an issue with Netflix and ICS but that is not a Le Pan problem.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
If it is an ICS issue on the Le Pan II, and since the LP2 is Google-certified, someone with a LP2 should go to http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list and report this problem that Netflix quit working after the ICS update on the LP2.
But I think they are going to show that Netflix does run fine on other ICS devices (like mine)... ruling out ICS and the Netflix app as the problem.